Thread: .45 Parker Hale jag wanted.

.45 Parker Hale jag wanted.

Does anyone have a .45/.44 Parker Hale jag they are willing to sell to me, I have been trying to get a new one for several weeks without any luck, it appears that they no longer supply jags in this calibre which is a pain in the butt.
    I can get a USA manufactured jag but they don't fit the Parker Hale cleaning rod I use, I don't like the USA cleaning rods as most appear to be plain steel rods which in my view could damage the bore.

I've had similar problem in the past, you can get brass thread adapters ready made ( I picked one up at Kempton ) or get a local machinist to lathe one up as I've also done £5 each last year bud.

Quote Originally Posted by mickwin View Post
    I've had similar problem in the past, you can get brass thread adapters ready made ( I picked one up at Kempton ) or get a local machinist to lathe one up as I've also done £5 each last year bud.
    Hi. Mick I will ask someone who goes to Kempton to see if there are any there if so could they buy one for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Fronteria View Post
    Does anyone have a .45/.44 Parker Hale jag they are willing to sell to me, I have been trying to get a new one for several weeks without any luck, it appears that they no longer supply jags in this calibre which is a pain in the butt.
    I can get a USA manufactured jag but they don't fit the Parker Hale cleaning rod I use, I don't like the USA cleaning rods as most appear to be plain steel rods which in my view could damage the bore.
    Have you tried a .410" jag? (If it fits your rod). I'm not keen on jags less than about 20 bore especially when the patch can come adrift in the barrel of a muzzleloading rifle.
    I find that a wire loop is the best option for the smaller bores.

I got my last loop from that auction site from a firm called lifeintheoutdoors.

Quote Originally Posted by enfield2band View Post
    Have you tried a .410" jag? (If it fits your rod). I'm not keen on jags less than about 20 bore especially when the patch can come adrift in the barrel of a muzzleloading rifle.
    I find that a wire loop is the best option for the smaller bores.

I got my last loop from that auction site from a firm called lifeintheoutdoors.
    Hi.
    I want the jag to use in the cleaning process for my .45 black powder revolver, so getting it stuck in the barrel is not a consideration, i wouldn't want to use one on any of my muzzle loading rifles.

Just another idea,
    You could try Reloading.org.uk, they may have something in stock or... I was after an 8g flat bottomed jag and a breach scraper for the blunderbuss and they made me them from my own dimensions. Very quick and very good workmanship... but not cheap around £40 each with postage ? Not much choice, 8g cleaning gear like that is as hard to find as the proverbial.

Is this what you are looking for? Its for a .38"
    If it is PM your address and I will pop it in the post. I don't want anything for it.

Atb.

https://i.postimg.cc/sXyPbzTh/38-jag.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by enfield2band View Post
    Is this what you are looking for? Its for a .38"
    If it is PM your address and I will pop it in the post. I don't want anything for it.

Atb.

https://i.postimg.cc/sXyPbzTh/38-jag.jpg
    Hi. enfield 2band.
    thank you for the offer but the one I am looking for is a .45 calibre to clean a Ruger Old Army black powder revolver.
    somebody will be looking for a .38 brush as P.H. don't appear to do these cleaning brushes anymore.
    Thanks very much for the offer.
    Regards jeff

try ant supplies south wales

greenshoots