Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: just cant use my fully tuned hw95 anymore

just cant use my fully tuned hw95 anymore

due to a shoulder injury every time i get the fantastic gun out which is not a lot these days it starts my shoulder off im proper sick as i bought this gun off paul sewell a wekk know gun smith in the north east and he done a fantastic job of setting it up,its a early 95 with barrell weight and cs500 stock finished with brass trimmings,love the gun to bits but just cant use it i nearly sold it about a month ago but held on to it,any one else had this trouble in the past due to injury

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    cocking effort or the weight of the gun ?

I know nothing about your specific condition, but generally speaking, if you want to minimise cocking effort, smaller bores, with longer strokes, make for one-finger-cocking guns.
    Also cocking linkage geometry plays a part (e.g. FWB sport)
    .22 cal also makes things easier
    Finally, lower power is the easiest way to reduce the effort.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by rapidresponse1 View Post
    due to a shoulder injury every time i get the fantastic gun out which is not a lot these days it starts my shoulder off im proper sick as i bought this gun off paul sewell a wekk know gun smith in the north east and he done a fantastic job of setting it up,its a early 95 with barrell weight and cs500 stock finished with brass trimmings,love the gun to bits but just cant use it i nearly sold it about a month ago but held on to it,any one else had this trouble in the past due to injury
    Shoulder injuries are an absolute git make no mistake

Know exactly how you feel buddy.

I’ve finally almost got over a recent shoulder injury that took a good 18+ months or so which still isn’t 100% but is a good 95% now.

Wishing you a speedy recovery buddy as I never thought for one minute my injury would take so long to sort out.

bothe weight and cocking thanks

My dad has had three operations on his spine, neck and shoulder blade area.
    He struggles badly with weight and recoil.
    He manages with his rimfires and a BSA Ultra though.
    VAYA CON DIOS

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    bothe weight and cocking thanks
    time to buy an HW30S and enjoy the mild manners and accuracy
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

many thanks oldskool yes its a pain

yes that might be a option shed tuner

xrman nothing worse bud

One of the reasons I decided to sell up my springers, not so much recoil, I shoot powder burners inc' shotguns, it was cooking that gave me the most problems. Still got a BSA Cadet though & is very easy to cock. Try fitting the weakest spring you can find & go from there. I sold mine while my head was full of fond memories before any gun hate & pain resentment creeps in. Even a heavy pcp can cause problems, I use bipods & shooting sticks all the time now. The Cadet is very light & very easy to cock but recoils alot or should I say twang with a thump so I suspect a worn piston seal & needing a service, I'll be looking for a weaker spring in it.
    Rabbit Stew, no artificial additives except lead.
    IF THE MUD REACHES YOUR KNEES GET OUT OF THE FIELD QUICK.
    WANTED. UNF MOD.

I had to give up my archery because of tendonitis in my shoulders. I had the cortisone injections and went from a 70lb draw weight down to a lower pull weight of a 50lb bow, but still no good, so I had to pack it in.

Neil
    Current airguns:- Steyr LG110: Steyr LP10: Air Arms HFT500: Weihrauch97 fully customised.

I have given up shooting anything heavy because of shoulder surgery the consult told me to give it up, so got myself a Lead Sled with four bags of lead about 75 lbs I have used it but every time I think of it I can’t be bothered to set it up . I now can’t will not use my shot guns for fear of doing my shoulder damage. I just hear the consult saying give it up . I don’t want to have to have that again. Not good shoulder injury.

Give it a pcp rest for a bit .....
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34

will try to use my pcp more

It is strange how the smallest mussel nerve problem can cause you pain when shooting a springer --i sold off my gas rammer fenman and sirocco because of the same!!!