Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ir Batteries

Ir Batteries

Hi folks.. I’m looking for recommendations for 18650 batteries suitable for a Ward T67 Aspheric torch and suggestions for a supplier. Are rechargeable ones a preferred option?
    Thanks,
    Graeme

Hi Graeme

Most batteries with huge capacity claims are false. 18650 are up to 3200mah at the moment. There are some 4800mah about but they don't do well with high current loads.
    I have plenty of Sanyo 1600mah that I bought of someone off here that recovers them from electrical equipment. I use these in my torches.. I can let you have a couple of these.
    If you don't have a charger look at nitecore intellicharger i4.
    https://www.nitecore.co.uk/products/...charger-1.html

Does all you need and more.
    Take care.
    Repariere nicht, was nicht kaputtist.

As far as I know you can only get rechargeables in 18650 size, avoid anything with "fire" in the name,
    apart from that try torchy.co.uk or look on the bay for Sony, Panasonic, etc commercial batteries in plain grey or green.

I have some "fire" batteries.
    They work well in torches, not so well in vape. They have been known to set on fire!
    Most are now fitted with a little circuit board that provides overload protection.
    They are 4mm longer than a standard battery 🔋.
    By the way 18 650 means 18mm diameter and 65 mm long, protected batteries may be 69mm long.
    Repariere nicht, was nicht kaputtist.

Thanks Neil and Angrybear for your comments and also to you Neil for the offer of batteries to get me started. I’ll check out that charger you recommended as I’ll have to get one anyway to suit the 18650 batteries,
    Many Thanks,
    Graeme

Quote Originally Posted by Neil54 View Post
    I have some "fire" batteries.
    They work well in torches, not so well in vape. They have been known to set on fire!
    Most are now fitted with a little circuit board that provides overload protection.
    They are 4mm longer than a standard battery 🔋.
    By the way 18 650 means 18mm diameter and 65 mm long, protected batteries may be 69mm long.

Fakes are rife irrespective of the name on the side. Torchy will be a good source. I use Andy at Flashaholics and I like Nitecore. The best I have used is AW.

18650 are NOT std sizes either in length or diameter. They also do button and flat top versions - you need to check that they will work/fit. My Zebralight worked fine with AW but refused to work with other makes - even quality makes.

Protected cells - as stated - have a micro circuit board that is meant to stop the cell being overcharged - or more dangerous - over discharging. That needs the big assumption it actually is working.

if your torch is high drain then you might need an IMR cell as they can handle the high drain demand some torches are now capable of.

I totally agree re getting an intelligent charger and nitecore is a very good choice. I have 3 four bays and 2 single portables.

similarly - torch badged charges should not be trusted.
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

Thanks for the very comprehensive information Steyr…. Very helpful and much appreciated, Graeme.

One of mine uses 18650 batteries with a sleeve, (for camping but reaches 100yds easy enough) the battery compartment also holds a "unit" that holds 3 aaa batteries hence the sleeve for the 18650 battery. My other 2 torches (hunting) use 18650 only.
    Rabbit Stew, no artificial additives except lead.
    IF THE MUD REACHES YOUR KNEES GET OUT OF THE FIELD QUICK.
    WANTED. UNF MOD.

Thanks Bellycrawler. 😎

Hello, try torchy boy web site, email jim and he will recommend a good battery, he sells chargers to, or even a vape shop

I use Ampsplus
    Hw100bp
    Hw77
    Artemis pp750

Thanks lads for the above 2 suggestions. 👍😎

cptman is offline Moody Git.........Apparently?
    Try this mob Fogstar.
    why is it there are more horses arses in the world than there are horses?

Thanks, cptman. 😎

I get my 18650 Battery's from old laptops
    Most of them are Samsung 2600mah