Thread: early single sided HW 35 safety catch

Chippendale is offline Well stuff me, you live and learn.

early single sided HW 35 safety catch

As per title, does any member have an original single sided safety catch, I have a HW 35 that I have been trying, with the help of a few members on here, namely Capital Bee and tony L and a couple whose names I have forgotten, to make the safety catch that I have work but to no avail. We have tried a different Rekord Trigger unit to see if that was the problem but it made no difference.
    The consensus is that it is the safety catch itself that is the problem.

Would any member on this forum have an original 1970s safety catch that they are willing to let me try.

Please reply with a PM.

Melv

Chippendale

Hello,

A FIX
    i used the later type safe catch and just cut the point off. End result is the same as the single side catch, it worked just fine.

Another problem may be an incorrect return spring? or a burr in the trigger block??

Cheers
    Daryl
    Last edited by muzzle; 21-09-2022 at 10:32 AM.

Chippendale is offline Well stuff me, you live and learn.
    Quote Originally Posted by muzzle View Post
    Hello,

A FIX
    i used the later type safe catch and just cut the point off. End result is the same as the single side catch, it worked just fine.

Another problem may be an incorrect return spring? or a burr in the trigger block??

Cheers
    Daryl
    Thank you for the reply, I may have to go down the new safety catch route, it was suggested at the "Bash', I don't think there was a burr on the block or I think the lads that were there handling it, had enough experience to have noticed one.

Thanks for the suggestions though, appreciated.

Chippendale (with clothes on)

I can take one out of mine if you need to borrow one Melv but as Daryl said above... They are the same --- Just cut the end off a new one.. Col.