Thread: Valuation help?

Valuation help?

How much is a 7 litre 300bar tank worth please? Bought new 2 years ago and refilled a handful of times at dive shop, now out of test. Includes whip, plastic bottom stand and it has guage

Also I’m looking for valuation on a hills pump same age 2 years old, used a handful of time by owner (not much tbh). Dry pack inc mk5

Thanks in advance

Absolute max for an out of test cyl £50, & it would have to be pristine condition.
    Not sure about the pump 1/3-1/2 the new price ?

Toss a coin. Heads, £25-30. Tails, get it tested, if it fails I'm pretty sure the tester cuts it in half as it's now scrap. If it passes, you've now got something of usable value with a 5 year test cert to sell at, properly double the test cost fee+ £10-15 more.

New 2 years ago and now out of test! There's a 5 year test from date of manufacture so they must have had it in the shop a long time.

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    Quote Originally Posted by brucieboy View Post
    New 2 years ago and now out of test! There's a 5 year test from date of manufacture so they must have had it in the shop a long time.
    Yep, it should still have three years on it, and as such be worth around £120ish - but if it is out of test then £50, as the buyer takes a risk if it fails, and also has to pay for the new test and the hassle of doing it, often two return trips for it, which is all time and money.
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

Quote Originally Posted by brucieboy View Post
    Not if it is a dive cylinder. AS far as I know the tests run at 2.5 yrs apart: I just had mine done after the last one 2.5 yrs ago.

Only cylinders for surface use only ... governed by the type of valve fitted... are 5 yr tests.

Cheers, Phil

The items are not mine. My mate passed away and I’m helping his wife sell his airgun items.
    I said it was not in test as when I looked at it there was no indication of a test, I should have clarified that to begin with.

I’m used to seeing test card/sticker or the test stamped on the tank when I had one, I now own compressor.
    Hence I needed help with valuing it.

It has not been used really and was bought brand new, and the times he had it filled I was present because I drove to the place with him.

Off memory it was 2-3 times before he was Ill.

Obviously I’d need to find out the exact date of purchase then a definitive answer how long a bottle is in test when bought new?

Any help of that last part would be much appreciated

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    http://www.scubaworkshopuk.co.uk/cyl...kmarkings.html

This shows how to identify the date stamp on the cylinder - it will only have a sticker on it for retest if it has already been tested, which in this case you say it has not been, so with a surface valve (a gauge on it) it will be in test for 5 years from the manufactures date stamped on the cylinder regardless of date of purchase

I hope that helps you date it.
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

Quote Originally Posted by Rativity View Post
    Obviously I’d need to find out the exact date of purchase then a definitive answer how long a bottle is in test when bought new?

Any help of that last part would be much appreciated
    The test life starts from the day of the test, the date it is sold does not enter into it.

The fact it's described as coming with the whip & gauge may indicate it's a dive cylinder with an airgun adaptor fitted.

Any ideas on the hill pump?

Sorry to hear the loss of your friend.
    If the bottle is a surface bottle ( gauge on the bottle) then out of test I would suggest £90 and in test with two years left £120.

As for the pump, with compressors becoming cheaper the second hand price of pumps has stalled, but it is a hills.

About two thirds price of a new one as little used.
    Repariere nicht, was nicht kaputtist.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil54 View Post
    Sorry to hear the loss of your friend.
    If the bottle is a surface bottle ( gauge on the bottle) then out of test I would suggest £90 and in test with two years left £120.

As for the pump, with compressors becoming cheaper the second hand price of pumps has stalled, but it is a hills.

About two thirds price of a new one as little used.
    Thanks for that.
    Both now advertised on bbs