Thread: HSF Shooting Tripod?

HSF Shooting Tripod?

Hi guys.

Because I had to give up work a few years ago to look after my wife money Is obviously very tight. And although I'm thinking of buying a shooting tripod I just cannot afford the prices of the Primos Trigger Stick range. I did however find this tripod that seems to fit the bill. It's at an affordable price with adjustable legs. Ok, It hasn't got a trigger release mechanism for the legs but I suppose that's reflected In the price.

So I was just wondering If anybody has heard of or has got any experience with the HSF Shooting Tripod or can recommend anything similar that won't break the bank.

Cheers lads 🤔

https://www.hisltd.co.uk/ProductDeta...YaAnn1EALw_wcB
    God created man and god created woman
    Sam colt made them equal

Any cheap camera tripod will, in theory, work as you require. Not much difference to normal shooting sticks either 2 or 3 leg versions, shooting sticks tend to be lighter. I wanted a camera tripod to use while sitting (ammo & scope testing / setting up in the field) I tried about 6 different tripods before I found a near perfect one. I bought clamps & rests with the correct camera thread to rest the rifle but found the best was a cheap basic rod rest I could pull off the plain thin bankstick & screw it on forming the thread. It's left on the tripod as the threads wouldn't be formed well enough to repeatedly screw on & off. My advise Is try the theory with some sticks tied together, if OK save up for cheap sticks made for the job. I have some primos gen3 sticks inc' the rifle rest plus other sticks bought over the years, I would definately recomend the gen3 over the normal sticks. My problem is I wobble so got some quad sticks, yet to try them as it's now my shotgun / pigeon "season"
    Rabbit Stew, no artificial additives except lead.
    IF THE MUD REACHES YOUR KNEES GET OUT OF THE FIELD QUICK.
    WANTED. UNF MOD.

I have a hiking pole with a V rod rest for hide shooting.
    I would like a trigger stick but in all honesty, the times I have needed a tripod have been far and few between.
    When out walking the fields a kneeling shot has sufficed.
    Last edited by Neil54; 22-09-2022 at 06:44 PM.
    Repariere nicht, was nicht kaputtist.

Quote Originally Posted by luckymjr View Post
    Hi guys.

Because I had to give up work a few years ago to look after my wife money Is obviously very tight. And although I'm thinking of buying a shooting tripod I just cannot afford the prices of the Primos Trigger Stick range. I did however find this tripod that seems to fit the bill. It's at an affordable price with adjustable legs. Ok, It hasn't got a trigger release mechanism for the legs but I suppose that's reflected In the price.

So I was just wondering If anybody has heard of or has got any experience with the HSF Shooting Tripod or can recommend anything similar that won't break the bank.

Cheers lads 🤔

https://www.hisltd.co.uk/ProductDeta...YaAnn1EALw_wcB
    I've seen a few that use a block of rubber like that and frankly all have been pretty poor.

You'd be better off with 3 bamboo bean poles, tied together to make a tripod.