Thread: Chair gun help/advice

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Chair gun help/advice

Hi all,
    Have zeroed my scope at 12yds.
    Input zero in chair gun set up...
    Does a negative POI (mil) result mean I aim high (holdOVER) by negative measurement?
    Sorry can't figure how to post pics now!?
    Thanks guys
    Mark
    honest it was. . .
    Titan LightHunter .22 / BSA Ultra Multi .177 / AA s410 Carbine .22 / MK1 Rapid17 .177 / HW100KT .177 / Walther LGU... AlphaWolf 0.177

Just slow down, take a breath, & think

If you display both the graph & the table, it should all be obvious when you look at the trajectory curve.

If the table says the POI is -xyz, it means the POI is under the line of sight so you would need to aim high & hold over,
    If it just gives the figure that means the POI will be above the line of sight, at the apex of the trajectory, so you should aim a fraction low.

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    Just slow down, take a breath, & think

If you display both the graph & the table, it should all be obvious when you look at the trajectory curve.

If the table says the POI is -xyz, it means the POI is under the line of sight so you would need to aim high & hold over,
    If it just gives the figure that means the POI will be above the line of sight, at the apex of the trajectory, so you should aim a fraction low.
    Thanks Angrybear...
    I did think so, but, just wanted confirmation.
    New user to chairgun (APP) - always just kind of used my 'force' lol, not sure how to display all bits n bobs as yet either
    Cheers buddy
    ...M
    honest it was. . .
    Titan LightHunter .22 / BSA Ultra Multi .177 / AA s410 Carbine .22 / MK1 Rapid17 .177 / HW100KT .177 / Walther LGU... AlphaWolf 0.177

Chairgun trajectory chart

This may help as it is a Chairgun trajectory chart that closely matches my HW95L .22 actual.

Alicante, Birmingham and sometimes Munich
    Great though it once was, Hawke's Chairgun Pro was abandoned a while ago and hasn't been updated (or had the outstanding bugs fixed) for years.
    Could I suggest MERO as a substitute?
    The desktop versions for Windoze, MacOS and Linux are available from my domain (https://gpc.fotosoft.co.uk/MERO.html) or the Android version available from the Google Play Store.

George
    Last edited by GPConway; 25-09-2022 at 10:37 PM.

Thanks guys...
    Love a chart!
    Much appreciated...
    honest it was. . .

Quote Originally Posted by GPConway View Post
    Great though it once was, Hawke's Chairgun Pro was abandoned a while ago and hasn't been updated (or had the outstanding bugs fixed) for years.
    The desktop versions for Windoze, MacOS and Linux are available from my domain (https://gpc.fotosoft.co.uk/MERO.html) or the Android version available from the Google Play Store.

George
    George...
    I've downloaded it... but, sorry I cant figure it out?
    Thanks bud...
    honest it was. . .

Quote Originally Posted by GPConway View Post

George
    George, can you tell us what testing and verification the software has gone through to ensure a) it’s accuracy and repeatability, and probably more importantly b) it doesn’t introduce and viruses/malware/trojans etc. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by itWASthere View Post
    Hi all,
    Have zeroed my scope at 12yds.
    Input zero in chair gun set up...
    Does a negative POI (mil) result mean I aim high (holdOVER) by negative measurement?
    Sorry can't figure how to post pics now!?
    Thanks guys
    Mark
    Personally, I would dump Chairgun and download the free version of Strelok. With Strelok you put in all your rifle data to set it up. Any range adjustment for the reticle will be will be shown in MOA or Meridans depending on what scope you have inputted and if you dont like that then press Reticle and it will show the aim point in mildots. Its idiot proof and that is why I like it.