Thread: Bsa cadet

Bsa cadet

Hello everyone,I've recently found my dad's BSA cadet I've cleaned it an purchased a new spring.The power is not the best and a lot of smoke comes out of barrel after firing.I was told it may be seals is there anyone who could assist with any help,or is there any tuition videos how to change them.ive gone this far and would like to see it back in working order, regards Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by tafftastic View Post
    Hello everyone,I've recently found my dad's BSA cadet I've cleaned it an purchased a new spring.The power is not the best and a lot of smoke comes out of barrel after firing.I was told it may be seals is there anyone who could assist with any help,or is there any tuition videos how to change them.ive gone this far and would like to see it back in working order, regards Andrew
    Hi Andrew
    If you move this post to the collectibles section you will get more advice regarding your Cadet.
    There is a strip down section for a lot of the older classic guns at the top of the page.
    Good luck with your gun.
    Atb
    Les..

The smoke will be from too much oil or grease making it diesel if its not very bad it may clear after a few shots

Changing the spring and piston washer on cadets is dead easy as long as you are careful sizing the leather piston washer, a clean and polish of the compression chamber and a new breach seal is always a good idea while you are there but you can only expect 5.5 ft/lb at best on a standard spring

Standard spring is the best way to go by the way as anything stiffer tends to make the trigger unusable (stiff) both knibbs and chambers stock the parts you need

if you were close and have the bits i would be happy to do it for you or show you how but there are plenty of lads here who can help you out

Collectibles Idiots Guide sticky posts 30, 31 tells you what to do.

Very easy to work on. Have fun. Cheers, Phil

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Russell View Post
    Collectibles Idiots Guide sticky posts 30, 31 tells you what to do.

Very easy to work on. Have fun. Cheers, Phil
    Thank you sir