Thread: Small Rifle primer makes.

Small Rifle primer makes.

Might be of interest?

Just loading some small rifle primers, namely Kranks and Murom, both extremely difficult to insert into case despite pocket reaming and cleaning prior.
    Same procedure and using CCI small rifle No 400 primers, no problem.
    6.5 55 SWEDE.223 HOWA VARMINT NIKON 8X32X50 -.22LR CZ STYLE-16" .17 HMR CZ AMERICAN-16" SIMMONS AETEC-12G BERETTA A.302,AYA NO 4,BAIKAL O&U

Yes I have had that problem in the past would not buy that Russian stuff even before the Ukraine Invasion.

TJ.

Small rifle primers

Problem might relate to the cases.. the small rifle cases do vary... GGG have to be reamed out.
    Magtec sr primers easy.. S and B primers tight. Never get a problem with Large rifle primers.

amc577

I use a Ram prime die for those tight primer pockets on S&B cases etc,quite therapeutic .

The HK primers have been notorious for their slightly oversize. A search for "HK Primers Tight" will return many other fora posts about it.

One article I read (I think it was Gun Mart but it has since been edited) suggests not priming on a press because of this but that seemed like going a bit too far, just be careful when inserting.
    Last edited by sarge4318; 29-09-2022 at 09:10 AM.
    Good deals with: Muskett, Dreben, roger.kerry, TALL, Helidave1, Chelseablue, Leeroy7031, Mousemann, pnuk, Practical, NEWFI, HOOGS, Webb22, lazybones1416 and deanw5262 among others. Thanks Guys.

Talking Small Rifle primer makes.

It's a problem in that if you ream out the pocket more to accommodate Kranks than you would do with CCI primers then you have cases which CCI primers would be a bit loose.
    Only way around is to keep those over reamed cases just for Kranks primers.

Other way long term is not to buy Kranks
    6.5 55 SWEDE.223 HOWA VARMINT NIKON 8X32X50 -.22LR CZ STYLE-16" .17 HMR CZ AMERICAN-16" SIMMONS AETEC-12G BERETTA A.302,AYA NO 4,BAIKAL O&U