Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Thoughts and perceptions of AR style airguns?

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    Frankly, yes.

Joe public on the whole doesn't WANT to be educated, they have the opinion that has been drilled into them from birth, no matter what the subject, A is good - B is bad,
    and the majority of people, on the majority of subjects, have little or no interest in having that opinion changed.
    All they want to do is earn a living & sit watching brain numbing "reality TV"

IF you could introduce shooting sports at school level, then in a generation, opinions would change, as those kids learned it was an enjoyable sport,
    but as that will never happen it relies on future shooters to learn through families, living in the country or joining the forces, there will always be a few newcomers, but the majority will have a link.
    Well, in Victorian times shooting was followed almost as closely as Football. Many a pub had its Bell Target range. Shooting was seen as fun, plus the military was big. Many a school had a shooting range; my old school had two including the last 200m "tunnel" range.
    Public interest can change/go in fashions. But the political lefty brigade are the ones that pushed the ban culture to the hilt. (Not helped by "I'm all right Jack" traditional shooters who didn't want change, and so long as it didn't effect them attitude.)

Yes, shooting sports does have to compete with all the other activities people enjoy. I just say shooting sports are fantastically good fun, for there is a shooting sport for everyone. From plinking in the back garden, to airsoft, to high peasant. FT/HFT too.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by Muskett View Post
    Is Joe Public beyond being educated?
    Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    Frankly, yes.
    Sadly I agree. The "average Joe" these days is borderline retarded, much less open to reasoned argument.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Mmmm...Maybe the lefties and do gooders are running the show these modern times... No respect for teachers, authorities, violence to emergency services and NHS. Discipline and punishment are a joke. Hell, I can't think of a worst punishment to deter crime than watching Ant and Dec for 10 minutes....Policing seems more concerned with internet apps bad mouthing someone than theft or burglaries. Common sense has long gone....

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    Sadly I agree. The "average Joe" these days is borderline retarded, much less open to reasoned argument.
    Steyr Challenge HFT - HW97K - BSA Mercury Challenger - Anschutz 9015 One - AA Pro Target - AA Pro Elite - ASI Paratrooper (R) - Walther LP500

Lots of money to be made from the completely unnecessary buffer tubes and stocks.
    It is what it is