Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: HW50 Original version dates

Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    Seems made from 1950 till 1995. The last versions hitting the UK in 1992. Mine is a 1993 but no Hull Cartridge markings on it. Mach 1.5
    I would like to see Hw take a step back in time and offer old models as limited collectors pieces and not just fit laminated stocks to current models and tag them as limited editions.

Although what the cost would be for a Hw55T is anyone's guess.

The Mk1 Hw50 and Hw85 with their screw in end blocks on the other hand would be true classics of old favoured designs within the reach of many pockets.

Or move forward please Weihrauch and make me the HW 777 SLR I desire
    Hw77+7

The problem would be finding enough genuine customers actually willing to part with their cash to justify such projects, John. I think this would have been questionable a year ago. Even more so now in these ever more uncertain times with many economies suffering, rising fuel, material and labour costs, general doom and gloom etc. Maybe not the most inviting backdrop for new product........
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    The problem would be finding enough genuine customers actually willing to part with their cash to justify such projects, John. I think this would have been questionable a year ago. Even more so now in these ever more uncertain times with many economies suffering, rising fuel, material and labour costs, general doom and gloom etc. Maybe not the most inviting backdrop for new product........
    Yeah, moving to the cast rear block of the HW95 and 99 was probably cost cutting to keep prices down.
    Too many airguns!

Quote Originally Posted by HW55T View Post
    I would like to see Hw take a step back in time and offer old models as limited collectors pieces and not just fit laminated stocks to current models and tag them as limited editions.

Although what the cost would be for a Hw55T is anyone's guess.
    I'd think the cost would be fairly high to restart production of these old guns, John, I expect it would still work out cheaper for us to buy an old gun, reblue it and stick it in a CS stock.

All the best Mick

Thought this would be of interest. Early and earlier trigger units https://photos.app.goo.gl/kY253jwa52e25TM46

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Yes. I really must get round to fettling mine..Nick, oldskoolz, kindly located one for me a few years ago and I bought that Rekord unit from your very good self ready to fit to it. Firing discharge movement does seem very slight but the action is twangy. And I'm really not a fan of the trigger.
    Crikey Tone

That was way back in 2017

https://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread...highlight=HW50

I really enjoyed tracking one down for you and the little trip down to livens RFD for you it’s a sweet little 50 and something I’ve still wanted myself (cough) as I’ve done the mk2 to death now

But come on Tone 5+ years later and the poor little thing still hasn’t had that TonyL lovin

Hw50

On guntrader there is an early HW99 - 1996-1998 hard to pinpoint the year but interesting to see the same stock on my late HW50 and rear sight as been used on the early HW99's. Parts left over and used I dare say. Mach 1.5

On guntrader there is an early HW99 - 1996-1998 hard to pinpoint the year but interesting to see the same stock on my late HW50 and rear sight as been used on the early HW99's. Parts left over and used I dare say. Mach 1.5
    That could explain why the early HW99 had a 6mm rear stock bolt and the later ones are 7mm, Paul.

When I fitted a HW99 stock to my Oldschool HW50 I had to drill the 7mm rear stock bolt hole out to 8.5mm and sleeve it back down to 6mm to suit the HW50's rear stock bolt.

All the best Mick

Seems made from 1950 till 1995. The last versions hitting the UK in 1992. Mine is a 1993 but no Hull Cartridge markings on it. Mach 1.5
    Sounds very plausible Paul,

I bet the 92-95 versions are incredible rare over here.

I still have an email from Tom at HC who helped out with my eldest sons school project many years ago.

My son was doing a production timescale project thing and information with dates needed, Tom advised HC started importing the 99 back in 1996 (as you know)

Quote Originally Posted by oldskoolzzz View Post
    Crikey Tone

That was way back in 2017

https://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread...highlight=HW50

I really enjoyed tracking one down for you and the little trip down to livens RFD for you it’s a sweet little 50 and something I’ve still wanted myself (cough) as I’ve done the mk2 to death now

But come on Tone 5+ years later and the poor little thing still hasn’t had that TonyL lovin
    Sorry, Nick.

I'll appreciate you tracking this one down for me forever and really must make a start on it sometime soon. As said previously, I even have the Rekord unit put aside ready to go into it. 2017 was the year when my daughter got really ill (and then my son's chronic illness ever since) and then a job change and then and then.........no excuses, really; yes, things are awkward time and spending money wise but I really must get onto it. Plus some others...
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!