Thread: Recommend me a Scope 🙂

Recommend me a Scope 🙂

Recommendations wanted for a sub £300 scope wanted to go on a tx200hc for general club use.

Been out of the game for a while so just wondering what's decent.

Thanks

Hawke scope

I suggest that you check out this model of Hawke scopes for your air rifle. https://us.hawkeoptics.com/airmax-30...40-amx-ir.html

I have the larger 44 mm on my HW95L as this model was not yet available when I purchased mine. This is an excellent scope with no problems after 7K to 8K shots.

I also recommend 2 piece medium rings and these are excellent. https://us.hawkeoptics.com/tactical-...mm-medium.html

Quote Originally Posted by wezdavo View Post
    Recommendations wanted for a sub £300 scope wanted to go on a tx200hc for general club use.

Thanks
    Scopes are a very personal choice because everyone's eyes are different, if you're in a club ask as many people as possible if you can try theirs to see if you like it.

Hawke are pretty good as a start point & have a very good warranty to the original buyer (keep the receipt)
    Optisan glass suits my eye & the EVX 4-16x44F1 is my personal favourite.
    MTC also have good scopes at reasonable value, as do many other makers.

I would generalise that 6-24x is overkill for a general air rifle, stick with 4-16x or lower,
    I really like first focal plane scopes where the size of the reticle changes with the scope magnification, others don't like them or can't see the point, again very personal.

Most important of all is if you really do like a scope, ignore people who don't because it's your eyes that matter.

With a £300 budget I'd be buying something secondhand and Japanese, Bushnell elite, Nikon monarch, might even snag a leupold. All of them better glass then new Chinese scopes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr wobble View Post
    With a £300 budget I'd be buying something secondhand and Japanese, Bushnell elite, Nikon monarch, might even snag a leupold. All of them better glass then new Chinese scopes.
    Totally agree, refine your "general shooting" to what you actually need. Bare in mind the weight as the TX is heavy-ish to start with.
    VAYA CON DIOS

I've tried loads over the years & it's most definately very much a personal thing. My favorites right now are Bushnell Elites but prefer Hawke Sidewinder ret's. I want to try a Vortex Diamondback as heard many good things about them. Try something like a Hawke Vantage, cheap & easy to sell on if you don't like it.
    Rabbit Stew, no artificial additives except lead.
    IF THE MUD REACHES YOUR KNEES GET OUT OF THE FIELD QUICK.
    WANTED. UNF MOD.

Quote Originally Posted by gsxrman View Post
    Totally agree, refine your "general shooting" to what you actually need. Bare in mind the weight as the TX is heavy-ish to start with.
    Ok , illuminated ret, possibly fixed 10, nothing too long tho for the breech port and balance....

Don't mind Chinese , had plenty MTCs , Sidewinders, TACs and Bushnell's over the years that were from over there and they were all decent......

By general use I mean, no hunting, maybe a comp or two and just hanging around the range trying to get my mojo back ��
    Last edited by wezdavo; 27-09-2022 at 06:52 PM.

Thanks
    Bushnell Prime 4-12 SF
    Nothing to compete below 300 IMO
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34

Ok , illuminated ret, possibly fixed 10, nothing too long tho for the breech port and balance....

Don't mind Chinese , had plenty MTCs , Sidewinders, TACs and Bushnell's over the years that were from over there and they were all decent......

By general use I mean, no hunting, maybe a comp or two and just hanging around the range trying to get my mojo back ��
    10x is HFT territory. Try a Weaver Grand Slam, very good depth of field.
    VAYA CON DIOS

Thanks for the Recommendations, I ended up buying a Hawke Airmax compact.
    I think it will do the job nicely