Thread: Private imports post brexit

Private imports post brexit

Well, apparently the gun is here at E Midlands Airport.
    Had an email from UPS asking for loads of things I dont have.
    Just told them it was a private import for personal use.
    So, anyone know what happens next..?
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" -- Benjamin Franklin

You need to compete a RIF form. Reason for importation of a firearm.
    Answer no to all questions and in the last box write " low powered air rifle for sporting use."

UPS sent me my form. I had to pay cash to the delivery driver when the parcel turned up.
    I got no receipt and felt I had been ripped off by the driver. It was fine though.
    Repariere nicht, was nicht kaputtist.

I assume what you had to pay was the VAT due on import, 20% ?

Thankyou.
    Not been sent that form will email them again tomorrow
    and find out where I get that form from.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" -- Benjamin Franklin

Yes. I had to pay VAT and a collection of VAT by UPS.

I can't seem to find a reason for importation form. I have discovered you do not need a licence to import. Section 45. Once having made the RIF declaration, that negates the importation licence I would guess.

44. Air weapons other than air pistols are subject to import licensing control as section 1 firearms if they discharge a missile so that missile has, on being discharged from the muzzle of the weapon, kinetic energy in excess, of 12ft lb (16.27 joules). Air weapons other than air pistols are subject to import licensing controls as section 5 firearms if they are self-loading or pump action.
    45. You will not need to apply for an import licence for an air rifle or an air pistol as long as they:
    • Have not been disguised as another object,
    • Have not been designed or adapted for use with a self-contained gas cartridge system,
    • Are Single shot barrelled weapons designed to discharge only plastic or part-plastic spherical missiles of a maximum diameter of 8mm, firing with a maximum kinetic energy of 2.5 joules,
    • Are Barrelled weapons capable of firing two or more missiles successively without repeated pressure on the trigger, designed to discharge only plastic or part-plastic spherical missiles of a maximum diameter of 8mm, firing with a maximum kinetic energy of 1.3 joules.
    • are not self-loading or pump action
    • Are for use only when submerged in water

All sorted , just paid the Vat.
    A bit of a mess about with the RIF form..it comes as a Tiff file ??? ,converted it to word on the laptop, got it back on my phone via Gmail ,did the on screen writing for the signature.
    It took a bit of head scratching to sort it.
    Very smooth,well communicated and quick service from Mundilar ,only 2 days to get here, not too shabby from UPS customs people either.
    Plus it saved me about £400 so , well worth the effort.
    BTW..it is a MK2 Kalibrgun Cricket in .177... happy days.

Arrived today.
    Very happy bunny.
    Well worth doing.
    Top job by Kalibrgun on the updates.
    Big thanks to Mundilar.

Good news and enjoy, if its as good as the mk1 it will be a great gun

Not bought a rifle since but plenty of pellets from Euroland

Chris
    bigtoe, Harry, hydroclamp, jpsnorton, gayle89, mark410, Stu83, smallholder1, wellhouse0, readingcop, sir-slots-alot, danco1987, Stevenb, DarylDiane, simpleSimon, Ratinator, Milek, Josh, Maxtich, Woodsie99, Ozzie, master_shriller, niloc, Drake267, deejayuu, shootingstars