Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Getting older and shooting

All good things come to an end 74 this year and had to give up FT and HFT and springer's just bench rest for a few more years hopefully.

Age is just a number, my dad has had 3 major spine operations, and is riddled with Arthur through running too many half/full road marathons.(probably)
    He whinges like hell about what he cant do, but he only gave up motorbikes last year and is still shooting at 78.
    "Improvise, adapt, overcome!"
    VAYA CON DIOS

Quote Originally Posted by marston View Post
    Not just physically noticeing ,but also losing my desire to actually kill.Not turning anti, but I do now far prefer picking up to any actual shooting, both shotgun and air rifle.anyone else?.
    I agree, "let live" gets stronger as you grow older. Probably due to the realisation that we don't live forever.
    I've never been much of a "killer"; though a job does need doing and someone should.

Compressed spine means I just don't shoot as much. Nor like carrying a bundle of rabbits up the hill. Might have to invest in more machinery rather than my legs.

Nothing beats being out in the open air. Whatever the weather.

Been struggling for a few years now, gone are the stalking and trudging days and even hft had to stop due to a few issues, Ive even cut down on my favourite ratting perm as its just to awkward now, but there is a silver lining on the shooting horizon and that is my recent addiction to benchrest, its rejuvenated my shooting for sure

Chris
    bigtoe, Harry, hydroclamp, jpsnorton, gayle89, mark410, Stu83, smallholder1, wellhouse0, readingcop, sir-slots-alot, danco1987, Stevenb, DarylDiane, simpleSimon, Ratinator, Milek, Josh, Maxtich, Woodsie99, Ozzie, master_shriller, niloc, Drake267, deejayuu, shootingstars