Thread: Trigger adjustment on Webley Mk3

Trigger adjustment on Webley Mk3

Can someone please tell me what the trigger adjustments are on my 50's Webley Mk3

It is the 2-stage trigger with 2 screws for adjustment - but I don't know what each screw does?

It there something like a 'user's manual' for the Webley? - I have the strip down diagram but that does not show you any adjustments that could be made on it for anything.

Thank you.

The early 2-stage Mark 3 was essentially a copy of the Diana 45. The screw on the front of the trigger blade is a lock screw to keep the adjuster screw from moving. Here's a note from Danny Garvin's Vintage Airguns Gallery about the adjustment:

"With thanks to Matthias.

He says this "Here's a little text on my experience adjusting the pre-war Diana two stage trigger:

The trigger is adjusted by a single screw that is secured in place by a locking screw from the front.
    Turning the screw out will lengthen the pull of the first stage while reducing the weight of the second. If it is too far out, the second stage becomes indistinguishable from the first and the rifle fires unexpectedly.
    Turning the screw in shortens the travel of the first stage and while making the second stage more noticeable it also increases creeping.
    With the screw too far in, the first stage vanishes. What's more, the second stage will creep quite a bit and again, the gun will fire unpredictably.
    The challenge of adjusting this trigger is to find the balance between those two extremes. I've found that there is really just one optimal position so the trigger can't really be described as customizable. It causes a fair amount of rumbling being cocked but if adjusted just right, breaks just as crisply as Diana's post war ball bearing trigger.""

Don R.