Thread: Daystate Airwolf question.

Daystate Airwolf question.

Hello I have a question about a 2005. .177 cal. The barrel is enclosed in a tube that is some 3 inches longer than the barrel. There is an alloy sleeve with an 'O' ring that slides over the barrel, there are 2 compression springs joined by a round alloy block, one spring end fits over a spigot on the alloy sleeve , the end of the other spring finishes about 5/8" from the threaded cap that screws onto the tube that surrounds the barrel.
    As the springs are free to float then can anyone please tell me if this is correct or is something missing?
    Thank you.
    All the best.
    Geoff.

Barrel

I phoned Daystate because I couldn’t get my Air wolf to shoot high enough ,scope had run out of height adjustment,on mine their was a small Alan screw on the block that you can adjust the barrel up and down,is it something to do with that might be totally wrong

Bit of a diagram here.
    It looks like the spring should be sprung, not loose.
    https://daystate.com/technical-information/
    Repariere nicht, was nicht kaputtist.

Thank you gentlemen I did think something was missing, a bit puzzled about the purpose of the springs anyway I have put a spacer in to give a bit of preload.
    It does have printed on it 'Harper patent' but the 'hammer' is just a solid block, there was a space for an 'O' ring to seal the exhaust valve stem which was empty so I think that over the years its been got at a bit.
    I would like to get it right.
    I think that being a 2005 model in .177 it must be quite early.
    Thanks again.
    Geoff.

Mine had a bush on the end of the barrel that centered the shroud and reversed the air flow , no springs.