Thread: HW Quarter Bore

HW Quarter Bore

I’ve got a HW95 in .25 that has a 410mm open sight barrel that has been screw, I think that the rifle is slightly long with a silencer attached and I am considering having it shortened a re screw cut, the dilemma is that I will lose the choke, has anyone lost the choke on a .25 HW barrel and what were the repercussions accuracy wise, if any ?

HW.

Had many a HW Barrel chopped and no problem in the accurate stakes at all as long as the job is done properly . In some cases made the rifle even better with a wider range of pellets. Mach 1.5

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    Had many a HW Barrel chopped and no problem in the accurate stakes at all as long as the job is done properly . In some cases made the rifle even better with a wider range of pellets. Mach 1.5
    Thanks for the reassurance Paul 👍

Take the mod off, a springer doesn't need one and get a steel overfit cocking aid/barrel weight,air stripper made instead of putting money into a barrel chop and losing the choke.

I saw a 95 on an American YouTube vid. It had a cocking aid that came back down the barrel just being attached by the 1/2" unf thread. To me it looked way better than how we get them in the uk.
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

You could fit a backdraft style moderator.
    This has the screw thread halfway inside and slips over the barrel.
    Repariere nicht, was nicht kaputtist.