Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: HW80 Luxus

And a definite no from this corner.
    I've recently been happy to find old-style stocks for my HW30k and 99S. Those Minelli things are appalling.

I think it’s fine -
    I do prefer squarer stocks so if they just went back to MK1 ‘s (but ambi) that would be better
    They could do them in Walnut and Laminate in same pattern as options and as stock only

Then they would sure shift some ��
    Trying to make stocks look like Nissan Jukes or other trendy curvy cars is always a bit of a let down - it’s a rifle !!!
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    Just to compare the Mk's together, I think that the Mk1 looks like Diana 45 stock

The only plus point I could possibly award the new stock is for the extension of the forend past the breech block - but it loses that point immediately for the shape of it.
    And then another loses another thousand points for that 'chequering...'
    Jesus wept
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

Yep, that "chequering" does look quite ghastly the more you look at it, doesn't it?

Replace with stippling and add an adjustable cheekpiece and we're talking.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

not keen on them

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    I think it would look AWESOME in laminate.
    Master Debater

Could do with a higher comb, slightly less of a peek at the end of the forend and get rid of the writing from the "checkering and laminate or walnut. They nearly got it right��
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Yep, that "chequering" does look quite ghastly the more you look at it, doesn't it?

Replace with stippling and add an adjustable cheekpiece and we're talking.
    Quote Originally Posted by maximus View Post
    Could do with a higher comb, slightly less of a peek at the end of the forend and get rid of the writing from the "checkering and laminate or walnut. They nearly got it right��
    Not forgetting the cutaway section to the toe - what's that bit all about?

So all in all, it's nice but we need the cheekpiece altering and being made adjustable, the toe to flow with the rest of the butt section, the forend re-shaping to become more square, an adjustment to the forend tip, chequering removing and it all to be made out of laminate.

Well played HW...

Apart from it not being my cup of tea (looks wise) ,I was stunned by the actual price £540.
    Having only bought used second hand guns for the last 10+ years, I am definitely out of touch with the new gun prices.
    Les..
    Just re read Craig’s original post.
    £525 still a lot of money imo.

Quote Originally Posted by les allam View Post
    Apart from it not being my cup of tea (looks wise) ,I was stunned by the actual price £540.
    Having only bought used second hand guns for the last 10+ years, I am definitely out of touch with the new gun prices.
    Les..
    Just re read Craig’s original post.
    £525 still a lot of money imo.
    I never even looked at the price to be honest - but that's definitely the most eye opening part of the whole rifle.
    Like yourself mate I've only really bought second hand and can't believe how much new stuff has gone up by

Quote Originally Posted by Craig-P View Post
    Like yourself mate I've only really bought second hand and can't believe how much new stuff has gone up by
    Me too.

I suppose the more you think about it with all the stuff happening and prices generally rising on both essentials and other goods, it's hardly a surprise, really. Doesn't make it easy, though. Although, I guess, when you consider how many years of faithful service a decent rifle can deliver compared to so many other, and much more "disposable" consumer goods, a rifle starts to look excellent value. Especially taking into account the resale value, if looked after......
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

When I got my last new gun, it was a Hw80 in .25 cal.
    It was replacing a Theoben Fenman that I couldn’t get on with.
    I think it was about £300 +xtra for the .25 cal .
    It was a good ten years ago.
    Les..

My last new rifle was the 'Little B'Stard' HW99 I treated myself to and built up. It was at the same time Sarah and I got engaged.
    Can't recall how much I paid for the rifle but I do remember that taking Sarah on holiday and buying an engagement ring more than justified my purchase...

Sorted!

And the 99, even in these days of higher prices, stands out as a bargain in my eyes......German made, the superb trigger and barrel, pretty much solid internals, beautiful firing manners and very accurate, just the cocking lever mods to do to perfect.......and at circa £235 not costing much more (if any) than many budget, lesser rifles.