Thread: HW80 Luxus

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Apart from it not being my cup of tea (looks wise) ,I was stunned by the actual price £540.
    Having only bought used second hand guns for the last 10+ years, I am definitely out of touch with the new gun prices.
    Les..
    Just re read Craig’s original post.
    £525 still a lot of money imo.

Quote Originally Posted by les allam View Post
    Apart from it not being my cup of tea (looks wise) ,I was stunned by the actual price £540.
    Having only bought used second hand guns for the last 10+ years, I am definitely out of touch with the new gun prices.
    Les..
    Just re read Craig’s original post.
    £525 still a lot of money imo.
    I never even looked at the price to be honest - but that's definitely the most eye opening part of the whole rifle.
    Like yourself mate I've only really bought second hand and can't believe how much new stuff has gone up by
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

Quote Originally Posted by Craig-P View Post
    Like yourself mate I've only really bought second hand and can't believe how much new stuff has gone up by
    Me too.

I suppose the more you think about it with all the stuff happening and prices generally rising on both essentials and other goods, it's hardly a surprise, really. Doesn't make it easy, though. Although, I guess, when you consider how many years of faithful service a decent rifle can deliver compared to so many other, and much more "disposable" consumer goods, a rifle starts to look excellent value. Especially taking into account the resale value, if looked after......
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

When I got my last new gun, it was a Hw80 in .25 cal.
    It was replacing a Theoben Fenman that I couldn’t get on with.
    I think it was about £300 +xtra for the .25 cal .
    It was a good ten years ago.
    Les..

My last new rifle was the 'Little B'Stard' HW99 I treated myself to and built up. It was at the same time Sarah and I got engaged.
    Can't recall how much I paid for the rifle but I do remember that taking Sarah on holiday and buying an engagement ring more than justified my purchase...
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

Sorted!

And the 99, even in these days of higher prices, stands out as a bargain in my eyes......German made, the superb trigger and barrel, pretty much solid internals, beautiful firing manners and very accurate, just the cocking lever mods to do to perfect.......and at circa £235 not costing much more (if any) than many budget, lesser rifles.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    That's still £45 more than I paid for my first HW95k.
    Master Debater