Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: HW80 Luxus

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    That's still £45 more than I paid for my first HW95k.
    Master Debater

And guess what's featured on the cover of this month's Airgun World?

Nice one, Mr Barham. And, yes, we'd love to see even more springers featured and on the cover.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

my last new airgun purchase was a blue laminate hw97 plus 6 tins of jsb from sportwaffen schneider in 2016, delivered to my door for 490 euro which worked out about 400 quid! - the rifle itself is 583 euro now!!

as for the stock on the new 80, im liking most of it apart from the forend. it seems to me it would mean you would have to put a sling adapter way out on the barrel and if you wanted a big shroud, thats also a no go. the cutout under the rear of the stock looks like its copying the target rifle design for shooters who use a rear bag.
    Donald

fugly thing,i have swapped mine for a mk2 stock.
    Last edited by wil95k; 14-11-2022 at 10:56 AM.

If you think the new 80 stock is a bit ugly, check out what they've done to the new 35 stock
    B.A.S.C. member

Yes, I did spot that on the HW site the other day, Rob.

What?

You never know, it might look a million percent better in the flesh; it certainly couldn't look any worse!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

I quite like it apart from the cut out on the bottom, went to my local RFD and had one in my hands a few weeks ago and wanted to like it, but something said I'm not keen, couldn't quite put my finger on what it was, it felt very delicate at the end of the forend, cut out and colour, little niggly things but all added up to no - especially when i saw the price tag of £540

Remined me of a modern take of a Mk1 stock but too different if that makes sense

Hw 80

Just seen the new stocked HW80,
    all I can say is, to me anyway it looks horrible.
    No idea why the design team thought this thing looks good.
    Just saying
    HW 77K .22,Gammo Hornet .22 BSA 3-9 x 50 Night light ,HW 40 .177,Gamo Maxxim Elite .22 multi shot, Beeman P17 .177 red dot sight ,SMK CP2 co2 with Hawk 3-9 x 50.Slingshots PPMG+TTF PPMG mk 2 ott PPMG ott Original custom made solid Bronze, Number 15 of 20

But, as Rob says up above in post #35, the "updated" 35 is an absolute disaster.

I can only imagine that Diana's stock designer has jacked, and Weihrauch have "snapped him up".
    Right result (Not).
    Wherever the bugger came from, he's certainly leaving his mark. He must be a very unique looking individual. Head with a shape like the "scream monster", index finger like ET, and a newly very swollen left hand. Shouldn't be too hard to pick him out on the annual team photo.
    Ze Germans, have an uncanny ability to design crap stocks. I'd love to see the faces at Minelli, with the tears running down em, every time a new pattern comes through.

At least Custom Stock, Sheffield, look to have a very bright future.
    B.A.S.C. member

Yep. I'm still not able to sleep after seeing those highly distressing and disturbing images of the new '35 stock.. And I love '35s!

I'm most likely popping up on some internet policeman's radar right now for distributing such filth...

Jesus wept...
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

Apart from the now apparently standard cut out bit on the bottom of the stock - It's growing on me

All hideous. They've even managed to ruin the stock on the HW35E. At least some good came of that though: seeing photos prompted me to stop dithering and buy a proper one before the old stock ran out.

Air Arms aren't much better. What is it with these firms? The best stock ever was the Tx200 Mk.II.

Even Custom Stocks are ruined by the far too small blocks of chequering.

Edit to add: and the standard HW35 should have been left alone. People buy the 35 to have an old-school rifle. If they want modern efficiency they can have a 99S or a 95.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Giliballs View Post
    Apart from the now apparently standard cut out bit on the bottom of the stock - It's growing on me
    Really?

The comb's that low, it looks like its melted and sagged in the sun
    B.A.S.C. member