Thread: Hawke Scope O' Ring.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I would have thought any of ring of 1.5mm cross section would suffice, nearest diameter you can guess. It's not holding any pressure.
    Repariere nicht, was nicht kaputtist.

Thanks for the replies.

Contacted Hawke and they're sending a replacement ocular O ring to me. Cracking service by Hawke and all done in the space of an hour or so via email today.

I'd still love to know what O ring, because none of my hawke scopes have got one

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    I'd still love to know what O ring, because none of my hawke scopes have got one
    angrybear on the link to a picture I've drawn an arrow pointing to where the ocular O ring fits. It fits under the eyepiece lock ring bud.

https://ibb.co/Vxyg5jw

OK,
    That is not the Ocular ring, the ocular ring is the ridged ring Right at that far end, about 6mm wide, as I said previously you turn it to focus the reticle,
    that type is called a 'fast focus' because it doesn't have a locking ring.

The bit arrowed is not a lock, it's the magnification adjuster ring & the bit behind the mag ring, that gets wider is the scope Ocular bell,

That ocular bell should be fixed to the main tube, sealed & not turn.

I can only assume the O ring you mean is on the rear edge of the mag adjuster ring, I have no idea in the slightest as to how you can change that as it will probably not fit over the bell,
    & removing the bell will shag the scope, best of luck

I'll add if that ocular bell was loose when you bought it, then you were sold a duff scope.
    Last edited by angrybear; 04-10-2022 at 09:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    OK,
    That is not the Ocular ring, the ocular ring is the ridged ring Right at that far end, about 6mm wide, as I said previously you turn it to focus the reticle,
    that type is called a 'fast focus' because it doesn't have a locking ring.

The bit arrowed is not a lock, it's the magnification adjuster ring & the bit behind the mag ring, that gets wider is the scope Ocular bell,

That ocular bell should be fixed to the main tube, sealed & not turn.

I can only assume the O ring you mean is on the rear edge of the mag adjuster ring, I have no idea in the slightest as to how you can change that as it will probably not fit over the bell,
    & removing the bell will shag the scope, best of luck

I'll add if that ocular bell was loose when you bought it, then you were sold a duff scope.
    The bit I arrowed was to show the approximate area of the locking ring not the magnification ring. I have taken photos of the locking ring on my scope when the O ring fits highlighted by the red arrow. After I have turned the rear of the scope highlighted by the yellow arrow to make the reticle clear I then turn the locking ring so that the rear of the scope then doesn't turn so I don't have to refocus the reticle. There may be a proper terminology for the locking ring?
    Also the scope came with a rifle I bought and didn't cost anything and I've had it a couple of years but just lately the O ring has worn and its not loose.
    https://ibb.co/6DTB2rw