Thread: Webley Nemesis SSP not holding air

Webley Nemesis SSP not holding air

I went to have a bit of target shooting in the garden with my Nemesis SSP and found that the charge leaked away almost immediately. It was holding air perfectly the last time I used it a week or two ago. Does anyone have hands on experience with the SSP Nemesis who could point me in the most likely direction of the problem?

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    try dripping some light oil / atf into the air intake hole. might help soften some hard seals..
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    try dripping some light oil / atf into the air intake hole. might help soften some hard seals..
    Thanks for the suggestion but in this case I have already tried a drop of oil into the small air intake but no joy.

IIRC the Nemesis used an oring as a piston seal so that would be relatively easy to replace/rule out. If you undo the little grub screw the piston just pulls straight out of the cylinder. My money would be on the air release valve, which is a little brass-bodied component within the pistol grip. Mine failed once, when cocked it would lose its pressure over the course of a minute or so.

Cheers
    Greg

Quote Originally Posted by Thegreg View Post
    IIRC the Nemesis used an oring as a piston seal so that would be relatively easy to replace/rule out. If you undo the little grub screw the piston just pulls straight out of the cylinder. My money would be on the air release valve, which is a little brass-bodied component within the pistol grip. Mine failed once, when cocked it would lose its pressure over the course of a minute or so.

Cheers
    Greg
    Hi Greg, I think you might be correct with your suspicion of the air release valve. Is it straightforward to get at, I can't find much information on the web regarding the SSP Nemesis.

Thanks, Alan

Here's a scan of the 2007 Airgun World Bulmer Strip article:
    As you say, there doesn't seem to be a lot of information available on this SSP pistol, and I've never had to do much to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Troubledshooter View Post
    Here's a scan of the 2007 Airgun World Bulmer Strip article:
    As you say, there doesn't seem to be a lot of information available on this SSP pistol, and I've never had to do much to them.
    Thanks for the scans, they are really helpful. I've ordered a set of seals from Knibbs
    Alan