Thread: Hw safety catch problem

Hw safety catch problem

Hi

my catch does not come out entirely just 1 mm it locks well but it is missing a few mm the spring is ok, I have polished catch…
    Any idea ?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Marc of France View Post
    Hi

my catch does not come out entirely just 1 mm it locks well but it is missing a few mm the spring is ok, I have polished catch…
    Any idea ?

Thanks
    Myself I would take the end block off and remove the trigger unit, Refit the safety and see how its operation is, Should be easy to see what's up while trigger is out , Refit trigger while apart and see what's happening.

Could be the wrong one. I think there may be two lengths for different diameter actions eg HW80 & 99 etc
    Can't measure ours till weekend. Someone will know.

You could try and stretch the spring a little. Even if it just works temporarily.

Thanks all

Problem solved, just lightly unscrew the rear trigger guard screw I have screw too hard I think…

Quote Originally Posted by Marc of France View Post
    Thanks all

Problem solved, just lightly unscrew the rear trigger guard screw I have screw too hard I think…
    It sounds like the leg on the rear of the cassette which holds the safety needs knocking forward a touch, Marc.

As you're tightening the rear trigger guard screw you could be slightly rotating the cassette and leg onto the safety's shaft stopping it moving freely.

All the best Mick