Thread: Enjoy smaller scope

Enjoy smaller scope

Not really ever used a small scope or basic one for that matter however maybe I've missed something (live and learn)

anyway i original was going to use this with opens but just too see i fitted the scope it came with.

Very pleased and very satisfied with the results, ok only 20m but the vortek kit not really ran in yet so guessing will get better still.

Skip half way through video (past the conkers) and you can see me hit one of micahs bell target targets 4 out of 5 times.

This is me leaning on an empty, wobbly wheel bin at back of the garden so again think will improve with more suitable platform and set up.

Really enjoyed the simplicity of the basic 4x32 scope nothing fancy just a traditional cross hairs not really fine but not to thick.

First time I've ever shot at low mag I'm normally a 10x man but 4x was actually plenty to see the target.

I need look more and play more with magnification as this has been an enjoyable eye opener today.

I may even keep the scope on and get something else for opens ��

https://youtu.be/hq2JgEEeBMU

Very heartening to hear you've discovered the joy of smaller, more basic optics.

The vast majority of my scopes are 4x32s and I find them very effective.......when I hunted I never felt the need for more. At the Bash events you can connect with the small Quigley Bucket at 75 yards with a 4x32. And I've shot some tiny, tiny groups at 35 yards+ (as will many thousands of other shooters) on "round targets" as your brain automatically centres the reticle. That reduced magnification also perceptibly reduces those wobbles, increasing confidence. I know, I know, we should use higher mag and increase our skill levels, but I don't think I'll ever be a good shot again.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Very heartening to hear you've discovered the joy of smaller, more basic optics.

The vast majority of my scopes are 4x32s and I find them very effective.......when I hunted I never felt the need for more. At the Bash events you can connect with the small Quigley Bucket at 75 yards with a 4x32. And I've shot some tiny, tiny groups at 35 yards+ (as will many thousands of other shooters) on "round targets" as your brain automatically centres the reticle. That reduced magnification also perceptibly reduces those wobbles, increasing confidence. I know, I know, we should use higher mag and increase our skill levels, but I don't think I'll ever be a good shot again.

Yeah not sure I'd go as far to say I'm converted fully but it's been a real eye opener.

Never afraid to admit learning something new there's so much in this hobby to learn it always amazes me

Enjoy smaller scope

That's why i'm such a fan of the little simmons whitetail 1.5-5X20 WA, wide feild of view fast targeting & bulletpoof to boot, got them on 4 of my rifles & a simmons budget 8 point 1.5-5x32 on my challenger, the most mag i tend to use is 8x for long shots or target work even though some go up to 10 or 12x for me i get too much wobble, like tony i doubt i'll be a good shot again. I find if i shoot at the 3 second mark i usually hit, longer & the wobbles creep in & it's a miss.

Quote Originally Posted by junglie View Post
    That's why i'm such a fan of the little simmons whitetail 1.5-5X20 WA, wide feild of view fast targeting & bulletpoof to boot, got them on 4 of my rifles & a simmons budget 8 point 1.5-5x32 on my challenger, the most mag i tend to use is 8x for long shots or target work even though some go up to 10 or 12x for me i get too much wobble, like tony i doubt i'll be a good shot again. I find if i shoot at the 3 second mark i usually hit, longer & the wobbles creep in & it's a miss.

Sound like nice scopes those

Enjoy smaller scope

Quote Originally Posted by Desmond.22 View Post
    Sound like nice scopes those
    They just work well usually need reparralaxing to air rifle ranges though. will stand the recoil of a 12 bore as they were designed as a shotgun scope with diamond ret or duplex for rifles.

I've still got some small scopes & untill recently had some fixed focus scopes in use. One I particularly like is my old Hawke 2-7×32 sport h-d but about to replace it with a newer Airmax with higher mag. After trying a 56mm Frontier I think it's overkill for my needs.
    Rabbit Stew, no artificial additives except lead.
    IF THE MUD REACHES YOUR KNEES GET OUT OF THE FIELD QUICK.
    WANTED. UNF MOD.

ive used some nice small scopes over the years