Thread: Osprey Supertarget Rear Sight Adaptor

Osprey Supertarget Rear Sight Adaptor

A bit of help needed on this one please. I’ve finally got a set of original diopter sights for my Osprey Supertarget but I’m missing the little dovetail adaptor that converts the wide 15mm Webley dovetail to the Anschutz 11mm dovetail.

In the unlikely event anyone has one of these going spare I’d be very interested in purchasing it.

Recognising that’s a long shot, if anyone would be able to send me a picture of one along with some basic dimensions I’ll get one made.

Any help much appreciated.

Cheers
    Greg

Greg,

You could get a piece of 11mm rail of something like a Diana, and fasten it on using the 2BA trigger adjustment screw hole? That's how I fasten diopters onto my Ospreys.
    The dovetail on my Supertarget is 11.7mm, I take it the Anschutz won't go on to that?

Hi Bill,

That's a good solution, I was just keen to keep the gun as original as I can.

The later Osprey ST's used an Anschutz sight as standard fit, and the width in the dovetail is a mile apart, hence the little adaptor. The Anschutz clamp might only be about 9mm thinking about it, and the Osprey rail 13-14mm.

Cheers
    Greg

Arent they just risers? Afaik, I mounted standard 11mm scopemount to my Tracker. I doubt the Osprey has different size rail?
    Afaik the PH Ospreys have 11 mm fitting as well. I have one with and one PH Supertarget with the Anschutz block. But should have same PH sight.
    ATB,
    yana

Quote Originally Posted by Thegreg View Post
    Hi Bill,That's a good solution, I was just keen to keep the gun as original as I can.
    I completely understand that Greg. I think you might be embarking on one of the ultimate rocking horse manure quests!

Quote Originally Posted by hwtyger View Post
    Arent they just risers? Afaik, I mounted standard 11mm scopemount to my Tracker. I doubt the Osprey has different size rail?
    Afaik the PH Ospreys have 11 mm fitting as well. I have one with and one PH Supertarget with the Anschutz block. But should have same PH sight.
    Hi Yana, thanks for the reply. Surprisingly the Tracker did have a different dovetail rail, it was a conventional 11mm opposed to the Ospreys 13-14mm. If you ever try using standard scope mounts on an Osprey you’ll discover that!

I believe if you tried to mount the rear sight straight to the Osprey rail without the adapter block it wouldn’t fit.

Cheers
    Greg

That ís odd than! Never tried a scope on the Ospreys, theyreSupertarget, so open sights
    ATB,
    yana

Webley were all over the place with this. I have one Osprey which has rather poorly cut dovetails about 13mm width with the "square ends", and another (Supertarget) with 11.7mm dovetails, much better cut with nice "curved" ends. Neither of them is the very early Osprey with the tapered loading tap.

Monday morning or Friday afternoon Ospreys?

I know this is an old thread but did you get this sorted. I may be able to help with pictures as I have just purchased an Osprey Supermarket (still in original box, never used) as a bell target rifle. PM if you want some photos or measurements.

Ian

Hi Ian, thanks for the reply and for the kind offer of help. I did end up tracking one down so yes I got it sorted.

Cheers
    Greg