Thread: Returning back to the hobby

Returning back to the hobby

Hi All.

After spending a bit of time away from the hobby and the forums, I am returning 😊 would someone be able to point me in the right direction as where people tend to sell air rifles as I’m after a 2nd pcp, nowadays there seems to be a lot less places🤨

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks

Gareth

I am trusting that other people will add or correct this:
    All should be explained in the various stickies found at the beginning of this forum. In brief you need to have made a minimum number of posts before access to sales is granted.

Other sources: Shooting The Breeze has a sales section but I do not know the conditions. If you go to Google and enter a model you are interested in followed by 'for sale' you may well get some hits. Local Club? Might be worth asking. Auctions? a possibility although there is a risk the item being auctioned is in need of attention.

But, whatever, welcome.

Cheers, Phil

Welcome back.

It is harder to buy/sell as the free ads no longer allow guns, all of the various shooting forums have sales sections,
    but all require you join as a member & most only allow access to sales after you make a minimum number of posts.

Gun trader & Gunstar are dedicated sales sites & I-hunter has a classified sales area,

If you just google "UK gun sales" it will bring up even more .

Beware of scammers.

As above, I'd suggest the main forums as prices tend to be more realistic. You could try a wanted ad with your requirements?

As another thought, Airgun Shooter magazine has a page of adverts but may be an expensive route as there is no guarantee what you want will be there, unless you want to read the magazine ... I guess it is a sealed bag in the newsagents. Airgun World and AirGunner no longer have a 'For Sale' page.

As mentioned 'Wanted' on here can yield results if you are lucky / patient.

Cheers, Phil

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    5 posts minimum, but if they're all an obvious "rush for sales", they may not make it past moderation. It does happen.

Welcome to the forum.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

Quote Originally Posted by gareth-11 View Post
    Hi All.

After spending a bit of time away from the hobby and the forums, I am returning 😊 would someone be able to point me in the right direction as where people tend to sell air rifles as I’m after a 2nd pcp, nowadays there seems to be a lot less places🤨

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks

Gareth
    Hi Gareth

After making five posts on here you will automatically gain access to the BBS sales section as stated in your welcoming PM to the site. :-

image.jpg

All the best Mick

welcome back bud

Hello all and thanks for you reply’s, I’ve been a member since early 2000’s I think and rejoined in 2011, have made countless posts in the past but I have 3 recorded, I’m sure I can improve that 😊
    Unbelievable how things have changed.

Has anyone used MeWe?

Thanks

Welcome back, Gareth.

Shop wise, a Google search may reveal a good few to go at. Ones which spring to mind (assuming you can travel okay) that wouldn't be too far away might be Bagnall and Kirkwood in Newcastle, Blackpool Air Rifles, Wighill Park Guns (near Tadcaster) and Sunderland Scuba (I think). I have no first hand knowledge of these (apart from B&K and they seemed very nice) and a search will surely reveal more (and more local ones).
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

ive heard of me we but not used it,pitty free ads stopped advertising guns

davederrick is offline With our thoughts, we make the world
    Quote Originally Posted by Unframed Dave View Post
    Welcome to the forum.
    He joined 2011, first post 2016 - think he may be a quiet one
    "I'm all in favour of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters." - Frank Lloyd Wright (1867-1959)

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    Quote Originally Posted by davederrick View Post
    He joined 2011, first post 2016 - think he may be a quiet one
    Yeah. I missed that.

Dave
    Smell my cheese