Thread: Pro-hunter slugs .22 17.8gn

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapidnick View Post
    I find it difficult to understand why any shooters should regard these as worth using at 12 ft lb. At 21p a shot compared with say 3p a shot for quality diabolo pellets I really just don't get it.
    At FAC power levels the direct comparison with quality-but not 'match'- rounds at say 10p a shot makes me wonder again.
    Still each to his/her own but I'll stick with my 25.4 grain JSB in .25 and 15.9 grain JSB in .22 and save myself some cash.
    A 5p group at 42yds in a gusting wind, compared to 1.5" for JSB's would be all I can think of,

But then it's like asking why would someone pay £5K for a rolex when a £50 citizen tells the same time

Incidentally I use the same pellets as you.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    A 5p group at 42yds in a gusting wind, compared to 1.5" for JSB's would be all I can think of,
    and that's exactly what I was looking for when I tested the .177s - it's about the ballistic advantage.

trajectory (especially with .177 at hunting ranges) is easy enough to manage, but wind is a whole other ball game...
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.