Thread: Pro-hunter slugs .22 17.8gn

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Let us know how they perform in sub 12ftlbs. You might be only one who has them.

Reviewed in the airgun review section.

Will get a look. Thanks Keith

I can't find this review🧐

Seems reviews have to be approved by a mod, before they show, I'm sure it won't be long.

I find it difficult to understand why any shooters should regard these as worth using at 12 ft lb. At 21p a shot compared with say 3p a shot for quality diabolo pellets I really just don't get it.
    At FAC power levels the direct comparison with quality-but not 'match'- rounds at say 10p a shot makes me wonder again.
    Still each to his/her own but I'll stick with my 25.4 grain JSB in .25 and 15.9 grain JSB in .22 and save myself some cash.
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

They do seem expensive. Atb mick

Quote Originally Posted by Rapidnick View Post
    I find it difficult to understand why any shooters should regard these as worth using at 12 ft lb. At 21p a shot compared with say 3p a shot for quality diabolo pellets I really just don't get it.
    At FAC power levels the direct comparison with quality-but not 'match'- rounds at say 10p a shot makes me wonder again.
    Still each to his/her own but I'll stick with my 25.4 grain JSB in .25 and 15.9 grain JSB in .22 and save myself some cash.
    A 5p group at 42yds in a gusting wind, compared to 1.5" for JSB's would be all I can think of,

But then it's like asking why would someone pay £5K for a rolex when a £50 citizen tells the same time

Incidentally I use the same pellets as you.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapidnick View Post
    Nick, speaks with experience, I have tried zan .177 slugs in my hw100.177 excellent results
    but overall costs are too high, I will still use air arms field domed pellets.
    atb brian