Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HW80 doubts - talk me down!

HW80 doubts - talk me down!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan hw99s View Post
    HW99s has my vote had 3 of these they do everything you need hard to beat for the price ,my hw80 doesnt get used since i got a new 99 same results @ 40 yards on the farm. much lighter though hope this helps

Love my 99 Imp Mk2. I’m terrible for regretting selling things, but you’ve now got me thinking if I really need my beloved 80 as the 99 is currently my go to .22 hunting springer.

Can’t believe I just typed those words about my 80. How dare I! I may have to retire to the library with a revolver and a bottle of Scotch and do the decent thing, what! 🧐😉😂

Head in a spin here - do I still need my 80? Be gentle. 😂

If you don't need the money keep it.
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

They're not a rare gun. If you feel you're not going to use it, sell it. You can always buy another if the urge returns.

Keep it, it is a proper mans gun, heavy-ish, powerful and very capable.
    I think it is head and shoulders above the 95 and the 99. 95 always felt jumpy and the 99 feels like a toy.
    HW80k all the way.
    VAYA CON DIOS

Thanks guys, it's the space I need more than anything, but I'll hang on to it, it's lovely and I hated the 95, and it's early days with the delightful little Imp. Had a bit of a wobble there! As an apology to the old warhorse I may treat it to the full Nick Simmons treatment when I'm a bit more flush!

i was not using my 80 last year sold it on hdere

Of all the guns I've owned and sold I've lost count of the number of 80's that's passed through my hands. In an ideal world of unlimited resources and space I'd for sure have one in my collection. But all my guns have to have purpose from back garden plinkers, range and hunting guns, in my opinion the sub12fpe 80 doesnt fit in with any of them situations. If the 99 and 95 didnt exist I would have one as a keeper for sure as every serious airgunner should own at least one HW Springer. For me it's my dreamy 99 nudging recoil, full power, accurate and carry all day qualities. I still love the 80 though it was my childhood XR2 that I couldn't afford!! With regards selling yours if you are happy with a cabinet queen and dont need the room or money keep it, as you will only end up buying a other like I probably will!

Guid advice Peter… couldn’t have said it better myself. Hope you’re keeping well, A’ the Best, Graeme 🥃

Sage advice gents, food for thought!

80 to big , too heavy and made for power above 12lb
    Not sub foot lb ... get rid

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket launcher View Post
    80 to big , too heavy and made for power above 12lb
    Not sub foot lb ... get rid
    Sorry to disagree, you can get an 80 to shoot really nice under the limit with the right spring and a plastic piston sleeve and so nice to have little cocking effort, also if it is the old type with no warning stamped on the block and no star breech and none of that screw on lock up bits the 80 is a keeper.
    Another thing the 80 is better built than the junior HW guns for sure

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    get it sleaved down to 24 or 25mm - best of both worlds. Still heavy, but what a gun in that configuration...

Short stroke nose extension is a much cheaper option that also yields good benefits.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

This above ; If it's an older non scrawled on one, think twice, or if it's tuned properly, think twice, as it can be a pain to het them shooting nice at uk power

If it's a common variety HW80 that you don't shoot with nothing special done just sell it

My local gunshop were upset when mail order ended, they used to have a steady supply of second hand HW80's and TX 200's mail ordered from big dealers 'blind' that folk found too heavy to shoot with, they'd come and p/ex them for medium weight rifles.
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34

Quote Originally Posted by gtfreight View Post
    They're not a rare gun. If you feel you're not going to use it, sell it. You can always buy another if the urge returns.

I meant it to be this quote lol !!!!!!!
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34

Quote Originally Posted by Barryg View Post
    Sorry to disagree, you can get an 80 to shoot really nice under the limit with the right spring and a plastic piston sleeve and so nice to have little cocking effort, also if it is the old type with no warning stamped on the block and no star breech and none of that screw on lock up bits the 80 is a keeper.
    Another thing the 80 is better built than the junior HW guns for sure
    Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    get it sleaved down to 24 or 25mm - best of both worlds. Still heavy, but what a gun in that configuration...

Short stroke nose extension is a much cheaper option that also yields good benefits.
    Yes and yes.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!