Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Discussion regarding the most accurate Air Rifle

Discussion regarding the most accurate Air Rifle

Imagine that you have an unlimited budget to purchase a PCP or Springer Air Rifle for a 25 m and 50 m Benchrest. What is your opinion would be your rifle of choice here in the UK? I also include rifles made in the EU and across the pond. The rifle purchased would not be used for HFT or FT.
    Anschutz 1913. .22lr - Big Nikko. TX200.177 Mk3 Ultimate
    Taurus 357 LBR. Taurus .22 LBR BSA .22 RF Martini International Mk3.
    Marlin 357 original JM.

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Indoor or outdoor use, so many different variables, I'm no expert and I don't know any of the top end PCP rifles, so can't comment on which is the best, it'll also be down to pellets as well.
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Anschutz 9015 ONE or maybe the Feinwerkbau 900 when it gets here
    S&W M&P 1522 - Anschutz 1416 - Anschutz 1761 - Beretta Silver Pidgeon III - FWB800 - FX DRS - HW110K - HW100 - Steyr Pro-X - Steyr LG1 - Walther LGM-2

It's going to depend on the individual rifle rather that the type or model.

I've had a lot of accurate rifles over the last 30 years. The rifle which has been most accurate, most constantly with the widest range of ammunition, is my Steyr LG110 with a barley twist barrel from a year 2000 LG100.

At 30 yards JSB Exacts go through exactly the same hole, it looks as though a single shot has been fired.
    Best Regards

Simon

I've got some slug guns.

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    I've shot a lot of rifles over the years, nothing high end, I shot a home made single stroke pneumatic that could put pellets through the same hole in the indoor range we where at, I also put three pellets through the same hole with a .22 Air Arms Pro Elite I had just brought an hour before, my Prosport has also produced some stunning groups in the past, whether or not I could do it again, I don't know.
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

I had an Annie 9015 BR which is a wonderful piece of engineering and I scored my PB at BR25, I then matched that with an HFT500 and a home brew Kral, same scope on each rifle and all had weeks of pellet testing and setup.

So often overlooked, the limitations might just be the shooter

Chris
    bigtoe, Harry, hydroclamp, jpsnorton, gayle89, mark410, Stu83, smallholder1, wellhouse0, readingcop, sir-slots-alot, danco1987, Stevenb, DarylDiane, simpleSimon, Ratinator, Milek, Josh, Maxtich, Woodsie99, Ozzie, master_shriller, niloc, Drake267, deejayuu, shootingstars

Way toooo many variables, caliber, power, weight, distance to name just a few.... I have an Airlogic Genesis it's pretty good at FT but my Feinwerkbau 602 is in a different league at 10m, I have also shot a Rapid 7 at 30ftlb.....
    Its an interesting question.... Uhmmmm Whiscome....

I wouldn’t need a lot of money as the HFT500 with a fixed x45 Sightron would be my choice.
    bigtoe, Harry, hydroclamp, jpsnorton, gayle89, mark410, Stu83, smallholder1, wellhouse0, readingcop, sir-slots-alot, danco1987, Stevenb, DarylDiane, simpleSimon, Ratinator, Milek, Josh, Maxtich, Woodsie99, Ozzie, master_shriller, niloc, Drake267, deejayuu, shootingstars

xbow is offline "Right a bit, left a bit............"
    I’ve not shot FT for many years, how does the FTP900 rate for accuracy?
    We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals.
    Rudeness is the weak mans imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer.

If I don’t reply to your comments it’s probably because you’re on my Ignore list.

A springer would benefit from mass to dull down the recoil, a Hw77 with a CS1000 stock for bench and a Hw77k with a CS800 for HFT or just use the 77 and interchange the stocks.
    Hw77+7

Quote Originally Posted by xbow View Post
    I’ve not shot FT for many years, how does the FTP900 rate for accuracy?
    Incredibly well, mine did 10 shots on top of each other at 45yds indoors last time out and the pellet mass I collected was covered easily by 1/2 of a 5p piece.
    It can do 5p at 60yds benched outdoors but I cant do it every time.my fault.lol...but it does hit exactly where aimed
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" -- Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by HW777 View Post
    A springer would benefit from mass to dull down the recoil, a Hw77 with a CS1000 stock for bench and a Hw77k with a CS800 for HFT or just use the 77 and interchange the stocks.
    Have a CS1000 on my benchrest TX200 Mk3..and one on a HW99... good wood.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" -- Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by MrGreengrass View Post
    Have a CS1000 on my benchrest TX200 Mk3..and one on a HW99... good wood.
    A Hw99 sitting in a CS1000 stock, what do you use it for and did you go with the extra cost for select wood ?
    Hw77+7

Antoni is online now There's nothing cushy about life in the Women's Auxiliary Balloon Corps!
    If bench rested and indoors, then it could get very particular. I've used someones set-up involving a German or Austrian PCP sub-12 riflle with a good scope combined with a home designed and home-made 'bipod'. The bipod had screw-controlled windage and elevation adjustments and IIRC the rear of the stock rested on the bench. The only input from the shooter was to operate the trigger. There was some discussion abt timing one's breathing and triggering between heatbeats.

Why not use a remotely controlled electrical trigger and then... eh voila! you have a miniature artillery piece.

Can't see how you could get more accurate than that

Last edited by Antoni; 22-01-2023 at 02:37 PM.
    P1V1overT1=P2V2overT2

xbow is offline "Right a bit, left a bit............"
    Quote Originally Posted by MrGreengrass View Post
    Incredibly well, mine did 10 shots on top of each other at 45yds indoors last time out and the pellet mass I collected was covered easily by 1/2 of a 5p piece.
    It can do 5p at 60yds benched outdoors but I cant do it every time.my fault.lol...but it does hit exactly where aimed
    Sounds good, what pellets were you using?
    We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals.
    Rudeness is the weak mans imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer.

If I don’t reply to your comments it’s probably because you’re on my Ignore list.