Thread: Bell target score, & daft question

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Bell target score, & daft question

This is one of those ' how long is a piece of string?" type of questions, but here goes.

Oh & I'm thinking about pre war springers with open or apperture sights, but please say which, with 6 shot averages at 6yds, standard bell target.

What sort of scores do people get bell shooting? ( told you it was a daft question) with varriabilities in scores being down to peoples experience, ability, skill,nerves, equipment,lighting & a whole host of reasons obviously there will be differences. The NSRA did marksman catagory badges dependent on scores to classify shooters, marksman, expert etc. but I don't think bell target shooters have that sort of categorisation. It's probably not easy to quantify as a novice might be a novice to bell targets yet an experienced shot in another discipline but I wondered if it's possible to get an idea of what a beginner to the sport might realistically expect to get & how that might compare to an average club shooter, a good club shooter & a top class shooter..

I logged all my pistol scores & watched the little graphs meander across the page with the scores out of 100 climb, dip, plateau & make interesting patterns before pretty much levelling off if I did my bit & just wondered if any bell target shooters might be able to give me an idea of how their scores are going with time & experience please. Even if you just tried it a couple of times,

I'd be very interested to hear how it's going,

Thank you
    Last edited by trajectory; 06-10-2022 at 07:21 AM.