Thread: Primos Gen 2 Or Fiery Deer Gen 3?

Primos Gen 2 Or Fiery Deer Gen 3?

Hi guys. I was just wondering If there's much difference In usability and build quality between the Primos and the Fiery Deer tripods? Why, because I'm thinking of upgrading my old tripod to something a bit more up to date and just want to make sure that when I do decide to buy It will be something decent and will also last a while. Any other suggestions for a reasonably priced tripod are also welcome.

Cheers guys

Primos Gen 2 :

Fiery Deer Gen 3 :

Last edited by luckymjr; 08-10-2022 at 11:28 AM.
    God created man and god created woman
    Sam colt made them equal

Only tried the Primos gen 3. Happy with quality etc but eventually went for quad sticks.
    Rabbit Stew, no artificial additives except lead.
    IF THE MUD REACHES YOUR KNEES GET OUT OF THE FIELD QUICK.
    WANTED. UNF MOD.

Your top pic's are a primos gen 2 not gen 3 as your text says although I think you know that.

The Primos gen 3 has a collar at the top of the legs so they only open 'so far', this acts as a stop to prevent 1 or more leg from "slipping out", to open out all the way for sitting/kneeling you need to turn the collar.
    They also have a button to quick release the V rest & swap for a 2 point rest.

I've just sold a set of primos gen 2 on here for £70.

I Was thinking about the GDK firey deer gen 5 which look like Primos gen 3, but went for gen 3's in the end.

I have a set of the deer ones(not sure what gen they are), I find that there is play between the legs and the handle/pistol grip which allows a bit of wobble to exist, I can't comment on the primos as I have never tried them. I will say that they are a good addition to my shooting and are quick and easy to use, if I got any more it would be the primos ones. Also the deer ones don't go low enough to sit behind but are OK if kneeling
    rapid 7 mk2 .22/btas 30ftlbs fac./fx verminator 177
    rapid 17 mk1 regged(by ben taylor)in mk2 stock
    savage hmr and dm80 mod/ crickett .22

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    Your top pic's are a primos gen 2 not gen 3 as your text says although I think you know that.

The Primos gen 3 has a collar at the top of the legs so they only open 'so far', this acts as a stop to prevent 1 or more leg from "slipping out", to open out all the way for sitting/kneeling you need to turn the collar.
    They also have a button to quick release the V rest & swap for a 2 point rest.

I've just sold a set of primos gen 2 on here for £70.

I Was thinking about the GDK firey deer gen 5 which look like Primos gen 3, but went for gen 3's in the end.
    Thanks for the info. I've now edited the Primos to Gen 2.
    Sam colt made them equal

Thanks for the replies lads 👍
    Sam colt made them equal