Thread: HW70 Rear sight screw

HW70 Rear sight screw

Thought I'd try it in the pistol section before going for the wider BBS audience

My HW70 shoots low at 6yd - 10m, elevation screw is so far out it is just in the threads (have lost it once so is now in with some blue threadlock)

Does anyone know what the thread size is? Or if there is a genuine HW screw for another model that is longer I could use?
    TX200 .177 21mm TL | TX200HC .22 22mm TL | Prosport .22 22mm TL
    HW40 | HW45 | Diana Mod5 | Webley Senior....... Because PCP is like kissing your sister (apparently)

Quote Originally Posted by clipper View Post
    Thought I'd try it in the pistol section before going for the wider BBS audience

My HW70 shoots low at 6yd - 10m, elevation screw is so far out it is just in the threads (have lost it once so is now in with some blue threadlock)

Does anyone know what the thread size is? Or if there is a genuine HW screw for another model that is longer I could use?
    Assuming it is the same screw as the HW40 sight (they look very similar) it is an M4 extra fine thread, which is not the normal M4 thread pitch you find in hardware stores.
    It may be possible to find a longer screw with the correct pitch, but it will still need some work to get "clicks" in the adjustment.
    I once bought an HW40 with missing rear sight screw, and made a replacement by filing down a normal M4 nut to fit the base, and fitted a normal M4 screw and cut click notches under the screw head with a dremel tool.
    Too many airguns!

Thanks evert.. I'll give the famous auction site a go for some different bolts and get busy with the dremel if necessary
    TX200 .177 21mm TL | TX200HC .22 22mm TL | Prosport .22 22mm TL
    HW40 | HW45 | Diana Mod5 | Webley Senior....... Because PCP is like kissing your sister (apparently)

Quote Originally Posted by clipper View Post

From memory the front post is bendable on these, just bend the blade down a bit. It's a little tricky to do as it's in the tunnel.

No experience of an HW70 but it is a break barrel isn't it? Is the breech closing properly? Could the breech seal be holding the a bit barrel low?