Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fairground airguns

Fairground airguns

Purely out of curiosity, what was the make and model that had a pellet clip and top bolt? Oh, and a bent barrel so you didn't win anything.

If it had a big bolt in its back I'm going for Haenal 335 or Anschutz.... Both clip fed bbs

Quote Originally Posted by AC all day View Post
    If it had a big bolt in its back I'm going for Haenal 335 or Anschutz.... Both clip fed bbs
    Sounds right, Anschutz 275, fed on copper coated lead bslls & accurate too if in good order,

That's the one, from what I can remember all those years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by where's it gone View Post
    That's the one, from what I can remember all those years ago.
    I haven't been to a fair for a few years no but the Anschutz 275 was still being used prior to the plandemic.

The Dorset Steam Fair had some the last time I visited and so did a fair at the Black Country museum, albeit the latter was around 10 years ago.

I can never resist having a go.

Kind regards,

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    I haven't been to a fair for a few years no but the Anschutz 275 was still being used prior to the plandemic.

The Dorset Steam Fair had some the last time I visited and so did a fair at the Black Country museum, albeit the latter was around 10 years ago.

I can never resist having a go.

Kind regards,

John
    I'm talking late 60's, in the day of a goldfish in a bag which must of started my fish keeping interest ( coldwater, tropical, marine and pond)
    Was this rifle around in those days ?

I'm talking late 60's, in the day of a goldfish in a bag which must of started my fish keeping interest ( coldwater, tropical, marine and pond)
    I think the 275 was around in the mid 1950s, they need shot which is a little smaller than the common steel bb's (4.4mm?) Ir else jams may well occur. Jams are also likely if re using damaged ir fired shot but otherwise they seem to shoot very reliably & I reckon good fun too.

This is the 49a (pretty much same rifle as 275) & 33 Senior

https://youtu.be/n8LFVJNEGCI

Extremely good fun.

Matt
    Last edited by ptdunk; 12-10-2022 at 12:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ptdunk View Post
    This is the 275 & 33:

https://youtu.be/n8LFVJNEGCI

Extremely good fun.

Matt
    Ok, extremely good fun.

Just as an aside has anyone chronographed their '275? If so what values did you get, just curious ive never thought of them as that powerfull but those little lead balls seem to reach the target pretty quickly but you can watch them if the light & background is suitable, like little tracer rounds.

Thumbs up

Here's mine..

Sorry, I've never chrono'd it but when I bought it years ago the gents house was open plan, He set up a paper target around eight or nine yards away, I took one shot and it was dead centre in the bull!, I didn't have another shot after that!

It seemed powerful enough for a spring with such a short cocking lever!!

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

I don't recall ever seeing an advertised velocity for these but they do seem to have a bit of oomph to them.

There are two on Guntrader just now.
    Zastava Owners Club.

They are not very powerful but extremely accurate.
    It seems the power is perfectly adequate.
    In a 5 shot string the 33 Senior featured in the above video does:

366fps 2.19ftlbs
    371fps 2.27ftlbs
    370fps 2.25ftlbs
    366fps 2.20ftlbs
    371fps 2.26ftlbs

That’s with 7.4gr H&N excite copper coated lead bb’s.
    These are widely available and work brilliantly in the 33 & 49a.

I serviced my 33 so can be confident it’s shooting as it should, you wouldn’t want the cocking spring any stronger than it is. My mates 49a in the vid is a fraction slower at 35yds but just as accurate.

It’s amazing to think how a round ball shoots so straight at 35 yds, it must be down to the rifled barrel.
    I suppose it is the original projectile after all….

Cheers,
    Matt

edbear2 Guest
    Yep, and stall holders had a gizmo bolted to the stalls to speed load the magazines I recall, plus besides the knock down little figures in boxes to get points for (carp) prizes, there were ping pong balls on waterjets inside steel wire mesh bowl shaped bases to shoot at, or bottles with fivers taped on held by a piece of string to try and cut (not much chance with round shot, but a diablo fired backwards would work in a break barrel if the string was frayed or against a pipe!

ATB, Ed
    Last edited by edbear2; 13-10-2022 at 08:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by edbear2 View Post
    Yep, and stall holders had a gizmo boltedt to the stalls to speed load the magazines I recall, plus besides the knock down little figures in boxes to get points for (carp) prizes, there were ping pong balls on waterjets inside steel wire mesh bowl shaped bases to shoot at, or bottles with fivers taped on held by a piece of string to try and cut (not much chance with round shot, but a diablo fired backwards would work in a break barrel if the string was frayed or against a pipe!

ATB, Ed
    That's interesting, I've never seen a speed loader for the magazines. I only remember stall holders having the shot in a pouch that they put their hand in with an empty magazine & a little while later out came their hand with a loaded magazine. One stallholder had two leather buss conductor style money pouch/bags. One was for the takings, the other full of shot. Even in those days he was wary of people detaching the magazines & making off with them.
    The targets were paper bullseye ones for those that wanted a souvenir or falling metal fingers, circles or ducks, a few clay pipes & spinners too. For the more adventurous there was a row of self re setting falling ducks. Somehow at a tender age I was hitting the ducks very consistently & must have impressed him. They didnt give prizes but when I finished shooting he took the rifle from me & popped in a full magazine free if charge. I was chuffed, half went on the ducks the ithe half on a paper target which I kept for years.