Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: RIP Ian Jones

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    So sorry to hear this sad news, my condolences to his family and I expect many friends.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Very sad news. Rip

Sad news. Ian was very supportive of collectors and had great knowledge. His humour was superb. I am very sad that I will never meet him again or read a new posting by him. IJ RIP

Hugely shocked to hear this, we were only swapping messages a couple of weeks ago.
    Huge condolences to his family.
    Rest in peace, mate.
    Craig.
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

Such a shock, only saw him a couple of weeks ago at Melbourne, I loved his banter, especially about his favourite target - 'Wobleys'.
    Too many guns, or not enough time?

Shocked and very saddened.

As said so many times up above, Ian's wit and sense of humour were brilliant and his knowledge and willingness to help unbounded. A man with true passion for our sport and a top, top bloke. I also only managed to meet him the once, at a Boinger Bash, and feel my life was enrichened for meeting this very special man, the likes of which we'll never witness again.

Gutted.

Condolences to all the family and friends.

RIP Ian.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Rest in peace ij, a real loss to the airgunning community

RIP and many condolences to his family.

RIP Ian Jones

RIP Ian, a huge loss to us all, a brave & humerous guy who we will all miss.

Like many of you who new him, I and my many friends in the north west airgunning community just cannot believe that we will never have the opportunity of spending time with Ian again.
    For over thirty years Ian Jones was very much part of our lives. He wasnt just a friend, he was the conduit that helped to hold everything together both within our club Rivington Riflemen and basically most things with an airgunning slant that occurred within our area. He had the fastest wit of anybody I have known and could have earned a living as a comedy script writer. He was so intelligent that you could see it fizzing away in his eyes whenever the very few serious conversations occurred.
    Ian has been an ever present character within the lives of both myself and my son James who have known him for decades. As such he was very much part of our family. Never again will we hear the "Chuckles" shouted at the top of his voice to James on his appearances at our club. Its little things like that that make this hard to write. None of us at the club can quite believe that he has gone. He was such a fantastic character. It would have to be said that he didnt suffer fools gladly, and his shocking ability to drop somebody dead with words alone had to be seen to be fully appreciated.
    Ian had many struggles with his health over the years but never let it get the better of him. Those of us with lesser health issues would often be told by him that it "will get better." He told me this exact thing only last week. I wish I could tell him right now how important he has been to so many of us for so many years.
    I will admit to you all that I have tears in my eyes as I write. None of his many friends will ever get over the passing of such a massive character. We are all of us absolutely and utterly devastated.
    Our sympathies also go out to all of Ian's children and grandchildren.
    Andy
    Member, the Feinwerkbau Sport appreciation Society (over 50's chapter)
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/ Andy, from the North !

I am so very sorry to hear this terrible news.

Ian had a great sense of humour, especially when it came to winding up Webley air pistol collectors. Who can forget the image of Ian stirring his tea with a Webley pistol barrel?

Ian was also incredibly knowledgeable and helpful. He lent me a couple of special Webley rifles to test a few years ago and there was never any rush for their return.

Ian will be greatly missed.

John M
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

How sad .. awful news. A nicer guy I never met. RIP pal

Sad day.

Goodby Ian..

ora

Unframed Dave is online now World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    RIP IJ, only met once at micks, but enjoyed a lot of your humour over the years.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

Will be missed. Had many a happy chat with him in BAR.