Thread: Could this be a prototype for the T.J.Harrington Gat?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    edbear2 Guest
    Ergo my BB gun is a Stirling protype because the magazine will fit an original

And the trigger group / grips will fit a Webley!

I suppose no-one will ever know is the truth, every reason that it can be proposed as a prototype can easily be the polar opposite, ie. the adjustment screws'

Could be because who ever did the linkage found it did not work, so a quicker way of cobbling up something rather than making a new trigger / sear was to chuck a couple of screws in there. The fact that they can't be adjusted (say like a Webley) from the outside or easily screams amateur / hobby to me.

It's not like it is a match trigger that needs a perfect let off etc. just has to hang on to, then release the piston, the front screw adusts the travel, and the back the weight I suppose.

The two trigger units have zero in common in my eyes actually looking again, as I said there are only so many ideas one can deploy in that space.

Anyhow, I am out of ideas, the thought it was a prototype is zero on my personal radar due to the many reasons listed and the fact that more is dissimilar than similar, ie. the whole premise is fixated on barrel size and style,.

I happily admit to knowing almost nowt about the various pop outs so had a butchers, and blimey it actually looks more Lovena or Briton even, there are tons of the things to get ideas from to copy!

https://mkguns.co.uk/

ATB, ED
    Last edited by edbear2; 23-10-2022 at 12:00 PM.