Thread: Sussex Interclub HFT 2022 end-of-year event

Newhaven, Sussex (someone's got to live here)

Exclamation Sussex Interclub HFT 2022 end-of-year event

With apologies as I keep on forgetting that there are some of you who do not 'do' Facebook.

Sunday 30th October is the important date, though it should have been in your diaries for ages. Here are details of the where and when and what.

We meet at Horsham Hawks, where the gate(s) will be open at 8am. I’ll guess that most of you have been there, but just in case not I reckon the W3W location of the entrance is (and it seems an apt conjunction of words) ///maximum.loudly.panicking Nearest post code is RH12 4SX.

Please car share wherever possible as I know that Derek has concerns about their parking capacity. They do have a plan B, and even a C, should the main car parking area fill up. So, as you approach the entrance, please do watch out for a parking marshal waving you in or to an alternate entrance.

There will be catering

Booking in will be from around 8:30 – with myself and the ever lovely Alicia. Fees the same as usual SIHFT events (£10 for all except Juniors, who get their 50% discount).

So what’s happening after breakfast …. As suggested by several of you, the day’s shoot will be ‘different’. In the SIHFT rules, the course of fire laid out for the Grand Finale is entirely at the discretion of the host club.

This year it will be similar to, but not quite, UKAHFT. Devised by Derek and the Hawks crew, there will be 30 ‘normal’ knock-over targets, set out at ranges between 8 and 45 yards. Each will sport a peg in the ground and some bit of you or your gun must be in contact with said peg; nothing different there. But, and here’s where it deviates from UKAHFT, while I understand that a couple of lanes may only be visible from the prone position, there are no nominated positional lanes. So NO forced standers or kneelers, with or without a support. You can choose to shoot every target prone should you wish.

And scoring, up to a point, is also normal. Zero for a complete miss, 1 point for an audible ‘plate’ hit and 2 points if the target falls over …. IF you have taken the shot from the prone position.

But .. should you choose to take the shot KNEELING (with or without whatever support may be within reach) and you knock it over, you will score FOUR points for that lane. If you take the shot STANDING (also with or without whatever support may be within reach) and you knock it over, you will score SIX points for that lane. Failure to knock over from standing or kneeling but hitting the plate will still earn you 1 point.

The choice is entirely yours, as you approach the peg. So, there are obviously very clear gains (and risks) to be had by taking shots from either kneeling or standing positions. By my calculations, if there are just a couple of prone only lanes, forced by target placement, you stand (pun intended) to come off the course with a mahoosive total of up to ONE HUNDRED AND SEVENTY FOUR.

For the probable majority of you coming to shoot on the 30th, this will just be a bit of true fun, as it should be for everyone. But I’m sure there will be something of an ‘edge’ for those attending from both Buxted and Mile Oak. As the outcome of this comp., shot to the above ‘rules’, will determine which club wins the 2022 SIHFT Team Trophy. It will be the best 5 of each of those clubs members' scores on the day, totted up, which will, hopefully, break the current tie.

Once the shoot is over, we will be awarding the year’s individual trophies – 1st to 7th in Open Class, 1st to 3rd in all others except Juniors, for which there is a single (1st Place) trophy.

And then on to the end-of-year draw. This includes cash prizes ranging from £50 to £200, plus a bunch of other goodies – but please remember that you have to be there at the time of the draw, to win. I will separately post a list of those of you eligible for a draw entry - for which you have to have shot in at least 5 of our 9 rounds.

Biggles now sits back, in anticipation, to await comments. If you have questions, please drop me a PM or email as the BBS Events page is not to be used for Q&A or banter. Come to think of it, I'll open a Q&A thread on other events forum and post a link here.
    Rapid MkII .22, AA400C .177, AA MPR .177, AA Prosport .177, AA TX200, AA FTP900, HW75 .177, HW45 Silver Star .22, and my dear ol' Webley Ranger .177 (circa 1966) Mile Oak - WEB SITE Air Arms HFT Team member

Newhaven, Sussex (someone's got to live here)

Cool

and HERE is the promised link to the right place to ask questions or just have a chat.

Biggles
    Rapid MkII .22, AA400C .177, AA MPR .177, AA Prosport .177, AA TX200, AA FTP900, HW75 .177, HW45 Silver Star .22, and my dear ol' Webley Ranger .177 (circa 1966) Mile Oak - WEB SITE Air Arms HFT Team member