Hi, this is my first post,st. I've read many posts on the problems with the hw57, I've had mine for about a year. I tried several pellets in my .177, and to say it shot like a shot gun is no joke! I've tried all the types of hold, and found it needed to be restrained to get any form of a group at 25yds. I've also found the spigot below the loading port was very stiff, and I was not sure it was seated correctly. With use and lubrication, this seems to be more positive when pushed home. I've also found QYS 9.56gr streamlined pellets work best (to date).
I was lucky enough to bump into Nigel Woods at the weekend at a shoot, he suggested a moderator to give it a bit more weight upfront (not too heavy) so I purchased at 1/2 unf threaded moderator, fitted it, and re-tried the rifle in the garden, the fall of shot was slightly lower, but grouped well, and I did not need a 'death grip' on it to reduce the recoil.
I've read many reviews of this rifle in the past, not many of them positive. It's now starting to shoot as I hoped it would, but would agree the length of pull is a tad long, anyone else got any tips?

I do already have an hw77, hw97, tx200hc, hw99s, and not forgetting the hw30s, but I do enjoy a challenge!