Thread: Daisy Powerline 717

Daisy Powerline 717

Hi All
    I've just picked up a Daisy Powerline 717 that is functioning but leaking.
    I've never played with single-stroke pneumatic before. Are there any seal kits suppliers anyone can recommend or destructions on how to service it?
    Many thanks in advance

danro
    Follow me on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/gr8funtargets
    gr8fun.net

Not many of those around now (not that there ever were).
    You may be able to get something from a USA supplier, but I'd start with stripping it and seeing what's what.
    It's often possible to find seals of the correct size by taking careful measurements and then trawling through seal stockist websites - I saved a lot of money during my time with Sharp Innovas doing that.
    Of course, if the manufacturer has had custom seals made then it gets more difficult.

Antoni is offline There's nothing cushy about life in the Women's Auxiliary Balloon Corps!
    I had one. 717 seems familiar but may not have been that exact model.

The reason for the car booter selling it (for abt £12) was that it would not hold air for more than a few seconds, although that was not evident at the site. You don't make bangs with a pistol in your hand at a boot sale.

For the sake of twelve quid I dived in. The inevitable "Jesus where did that go!" moment duly arrived. The safety catch had to be held with BluTack ever after. Can't remember how I found it but there was a hair over one of the seals.

After that the pistol gave ~12 years good service shooting, and very many thousands of simple 'air-blasts' clearing spiders and as a handy blower tool next to the lathe. Sold it on at the same boot recently.

My point is that the seals on those pistols are very long-lived and my pistol never failed again.

Dismantle with pistol and hands inside a large polythene bag. It might not need new seals.
    P1V1overT1=P2V2overT2

the only seal you'll struggle to get is the sten seal the others are std bs o rings
    what does happen on them often is that the barrel valve assembly/case locators wear and as the cylinder cones to full compression it pushes the barrel valve assembly back and leaks on the o ring
    often the wear is caused by the piston being set too long

Thanks for the kind advice, everyone.
    It is alovely gun, if a little tatty, however, if I'm going to strip it I may as well do it properly and give it some TLC all round.
    A task for the winter

ATB
    Danro
    Follow me on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/gr8funtargets
    gr8fun.net