Well it's cold & wet here & pretty quiet on the forum & a few things crossed my mind, one of which was pellet making. Not huge industrial scale manufacture but experimental messing about.
I know there has been & probably still are a few hand tools sold to make pellets but has anybody made their own. If so how did it go & how did you go about making the tooling? Did you plan on casting or swageing them, how many stages did it take to oroduce a pellet? What would you do differently next time? ( other than not bother & just buy a tin).

I was thinking of having a bash at swaging, possibly two stages, bit like a cup slug with a driving band at the rear. I have no misconceptions about the likely outcome or accuracy, nor the amount of time it might take to make one but if you've had a go, how did it go? Similarly if you haven't had a go but have 15 minutes to give it a think over a cup of tea how would you go about it?

Maybe it's one of those things that just ain't worth doing but if you had the kit & the time maybe it's one of those things that makes you wonder how it might turn out.

I'd be keen to hear from you