Thread: I could use some help with fx valuation please

I could use some help with fx valuation please

I'm out of my comfort zone here hence this post. I've been asked by the widow of a very young shooter who sadly died suddenly to sell his boxed FX Tactical Compact PCP rifle. It came into me early last year for the new owner to collect then shortly after he got ill and died. It has a Huggett mod, Hogue AR style adjustable folding butt stock and hogue pistol grip, Optisan (MTC) 4 -16 x 44 EVX i scope which I could sell separately if necessary, and if you don't want the mod I have the AX shroud cap and like I've said already it's boxed although box not shown in pictures. I also have the charging whip and adaptor. I know what all this kit cost's new but so seldom do you see one used I could use some help with a gun valuation please. It seems to be a very high tech piece of kit with everything being tuneable, hammer pre load, reg, and velocity etc. Most of this goes straight over my old head so would greatly appreciate an estimate...Thanks. Pictures below.

https://flic.kr/p/2nXB6cE
    https://flic.kr/p/2nXvJ6L
    https://flic.kr/p/2nXvJ2C
    https://flic.kr/p/2nXAE8d
    https://flic.kr/p/2nXvJ2T
    Remember, it is the strongest character that God gives the most challenges.

Always sad to see threads like this. My condolences.

I would try & sell as a complete kit for £1000. But sales are slow at the moment.

John.
    Last edited by JLB; 06-11-2022 at 02:37 PM.
    Law of any kind only affects those willing to abide by it.

Sad to hear the above, Prices are really struggling lately on the forums, Myself I would advertise it on the forums and hopefully someone is after one who will gain a bit of saving from a new one, If no luck after a while then I would advertise it online for a bigger audience and top money, Hopefully someone on here may be after one,

Well first off there are dozens of "FX Tactical" rifles for the different models, Impact, Dreamline, maverick, etc,
    so the exact model details age & calibre are required I can't see anything that looks the same on the web, a close up of the name on the block is always good,
    Same with the scope, there are several models & ret's so better details would be good.

Is there any paperwork with it ? preferably the original receipt, If you know the new price then you can work out 70-80% which is around what it's worth.

looks like the dreamline compact lite.....
    FX Bobcat MK2 .22 FAC. ATN X-Sight LTV.
    FX Impact X .177 Saim SCP19.
    FX Dreamline Compact Lite. .177 Hawke Sidewinder 4x16 FFP.

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    Well first off there are dozens of "FX Tactical" rifles for the different models, Impact, Dreamline, maverick, etc,
    so the exact model details age & calibre are required I can't see anything that looks the same on the web, a close up of the name on the block is always good,
    Same with the scope, there are several models & ret's so better details would be good.

Is there any paperwork with it ? preferably the original receipt, If you know the new price then you can work out 70-80% which is around what it's worth.
    It’s a Dreamline Tactical Compact, hopefully the manual is being posted to me, no receipt has been found yet and as for the scope all I can add is that it has illuminated reticle, the precise name of the ret not a clue, it has multiple elevation and windage aiming points, to me a very cluttered reticle although the wires are very fine.

Quote Originally Posted by vbull View Post
    It’s a Dreamline Tactical Compact, hopefully the manual is being posted to me, no receipt has been found yet and as for the scope all I can add is that it has illuminated reticle, the precise name of the ret not a clue, it has multiple elevation and windage aiming points, to me a very cluttered reticle although the wires are very fine.
    Thanks, so current RRP is £983 new, bit more for the huggett, you said it came to you early last year so coming up 2 years old, probably cost around £1000, as it stands, at the time.
    The Optisan scope (which incidentally is nothing to do with MTC) is £210 new, the reticle is probably MH10 with 0.1 mrad clicks, not 1/4 MOA, you can google the image to confirm, they also did a G4Ai ret which is a basic cross.

I'd say £1000-1100 for the outfit is ballpark, or £950 without the scope & try that at £120-150 ish.

Many thanks angrybear, thats a big help, all this high tech stuff not my thing and of no interest to be honest. I read an article by Gary Chillingworth from Airgun Shooting who did a very favourable review on the Optisan range of scopes and right at the start of the article he said that Optisan is better known in the UK as MTC Optics which is why I put MTC in brackets. Optics are very much my thing, S&B, Zeiss, Kahles etc so maybe I need to brush up a bit on the lower end scopes. Thanks again, much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by vbull View Post
    Many thanks angrybear, thats a big help, all this high tech stuff not my thing and of no interest to be honest. I read an article by Gary Chillingworth from Airgun Shooting who did a very favourable review on the Optisan range of scopes and right at the start of the article he said that Optisan is better known in the UK as MTC Optics which is why I put MTC in brackets. Optics are very much my thing, S&B, Zeiss, Kahles etc so maybe I need to brush up a bit on the lower end scopes. Thanks again, much appreciated.
    The link is that when MTC first started, at least some of their scopes, maybe all, were sourced from Optisan, who I don't think had a UK importer at the time, but they've been selling under the Optisan name for quite a while.

Very sorry to hear about this. I losted a very close friend and shooting buddy not to long ago. It is tough

Thanks, always sad but really tragic when it happens to a guy in his 30's, healthy and active one minute, dead the next..