Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chrono Slayer

Hopefully you'll track one down, but it is possible you'll need to configure the screen when you get it (unless you get one from LMBR). I say this because we also use various displays at our company, and quite often they need setting up for your particular use. That can be using resistors or bridging contacts. This 'tells' the screen what it is to display ie number of digits, decimal points/positions, characters etc. For example, resistor 12 is missing and the link bridged, plus some wire seems to bridge from R9 to somewhere else, so if you do get hold of one, check the back is identical...

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by ashf9999 View Post
    Hopefully you'll track one down, but it is possible you'll need to configure the screen when you get it (unless you get one from LMBR). I say this because we also use various displays at our company, and quite often they need setting up for your particular use. That can be using resistors or bridging contacts. This 'tells' the screen what it is to display ie number of digits, decimal points/positions, characters etc. For example, resistor 12 is missing and the link bridged, plus some wire seems to bridge from R9 to somewhere else, so if you do get hold of one, check the back is identical...
    good point - but you just freaked John out.. sounds like getting one from LMBR is the best bet !
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by Turnup View Post
    There are shooters who have killed a chrono and thare are shooters who are going to kill a chrono. The only shooters who will never kill a chrono are the shooters who will never use a chrono
    I've owned a chrono since around 1980, my first being a Skan Mk4, and I've yet to damage one.
    Thing is, I grew up poor so I learned very quickly to take care of what I had, and especially if it was expensive. If this yobbo from a hilltop village can learn to do that, then anybody can !

I might add that my dad did National Service, and an uncle was a career soldier, (RSM, Argyll & Sutherland Highlanders) so I knew that a "negligent discharge" was an absolute No-No & carried a severe penalty. Frankly I'm at a loss to understand how anyone can pull the trigger when they don't mean to. It's just a matter of keeping your finger off the trigger until you're sure of where the shot will go.

Just changing the screen should not involve changing the display board settings.

A 16 column x 2 line display can be had for £1.75.
    A 20 column x 4 line display cost £3.50.

Not owning an R2 personally I can't comment on what display you need.
    Repariere nicht, was nicht kaputtist.

If you've never shot a chrono then you're not trying hard enough --- a bloke down the pub told me that so it must be true.

Wirral Guns have replacement displays in stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruger Red View Post
    Wirral Guns have replacement displays in stock.
    Thanks. I can see the chronos on their website but not the display boards?

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

I've hit my Airforce one chrono twice fighting my .177 Airsporter . My Excuse? I cannot see distant objects ( the end of the barrel) with my highest power reading glasses. Luckily I've only dented the faceplate

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    Probably a good idea John.

So far over the space of some 25 years, I've killed a Skan, 2 Combros and now the R2. All at point blank range, so I can't even blame poor marksmanship.

I probably should not be allowed within a mile of any chrono.

John.
    Think we'll keep you away from the club one John

Bob
    All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

BARPC

Basingstoke Air Rifle & Pistol Club. Founded 1975

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    Thanks. I can see the chronos on their website but not the display boards?

John
    They showed me the spare displays when I purchased an LMBR chrono on Saturday. Perhaps give them a ring.

I've not managed to kill a chrono yet but my Chrony F1 could certainly fall into the category of "walking wounded".

Hope your quest for parts and ensuing repair goes well, John.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by Prone Shooter View Post
    Think we'll keep you away from the club one John

Bob
    Probably not a bad move Bob. I clearly can't hit targets just a few inches from the muzzle.

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.