Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I've seen a Weihrauch I actually like.

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35

I've seen a Weihrauch I actually like.

Well three if I'm honest.....

I have to admit I've always liked the HW85 with the deluxe stock (mainly because it reminds me of the BSA Challenger looks wise).

I handled a HW30S scope only package deal rifle the other day and have to say how much nicer it is to handle and to look at than the standard length 30s with open sights, it had a shorter barrel and smooth breech block (like the 95's do), I was very tempted to buy one for myself BUT after a look on t'internet I noticed a lovely little model that unfortunately only the yanks can get hold of, it's a HW50 hunter laminate, once again it's like a 95 in the smaller 99 package, I have to say it looks lovely but as you can't get one over here then I'll have to stick to my Beezers

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

nice looking guns

Or you could get a 99 and put a CS stick on it, Pete. Or, even better, a lovely, bespoke one from the likes of Warren Edwards or Tom Davies. Either of those fine gents could, of course, also supply this for the 30. And then ask Craig to do the chequering / finishing.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Or you could get a 99 and put a CS stick on it, Pete. Or, even better, a lovely, bespoke one from the likes of Warren Edwards or Tom Davies. Either of those fine gents could, of course, also supply this for the 30. And then ask Craig to do the chequering / finishing.
    The thing I liked about the HW50 hunter (and the 30 I saw the other day) is the shorter barrel and the smooth no hole breech block that the 99 doesn't have because of the open sights.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

The 30 does shoot nice, I got one for my lad, I use it more that he does

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    I always liked the HW77 style stock they fitted to the HW80 for the Americans.
    Master Debater

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    I always liked the HW77 style stock they fitted to the HW80 for the Americans.
    That's the style I was on about on the deluxe 85s, they have the higher cheek piece and pistol grip checkering.

Hw95l

Excellent pellet rifle.

always made good products to be fair. well built and very good triggers

Quote Originally Posted by Travis299 View Post
    Excellent pellet rifle.

I did look to see what the 95 laminate was like.

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    That's the style I was on about on the deluxe 85s, they have the higher cheek piece and pistol grip checkering.

Hi Pete, I'm afraid the old 85 deluxe only had a cheek piece suitable for open sights, same as the 77. I have put a 77 stock on one of my 80's to make a Beeman R1 look a like., the cheek piece is very low for scope use, should of put a 97 stock on it!
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

Reminds me of the Airgun World around 1987 when they did a tour of the Weihrauch factory and they teased us with a pic of the HW85 in a factory tryolean stock. Shame it never arrived here. Mach 1.5

Quote Originally Posted by maximus View Post
    Hi Pete, I'm afraid the old 85 deluxe only had a cheek piece suitable for open sights, same as the 77. I have put a 77 stock on one of my 80's to make a Beeman R1 look a like., the cheek piece is very low for scope use, should of put a 97 stock on it!
    To be honest I have this thing about the breech block on break barrels not being covered by the front of the stock, that's one if the reasons I liked the 85 over the 95, although I like the smooth breech block on the 95.

To be honest I have this thing about the breech block on break barrels not being covered by the front of the stock, that's one if the reasons I liked the 85 over the 95, although I like the smooth breech block on the 95.

There are a few different factory stocks for the 95, Pete.

The 95 ambi stock that I have on one of my 85s covers the breech block :-

image.jpeg

My other 85s have the breech blocks exposed.

All the best Mick

sparko is offline One of Tiger Woods' lovers...
    I agree with you completely about the stock not covering the Breech block, and to be honest could never understand it … It wouldnt have cost much more to add 2/3 inches of woodwork, but then the Germans have their own style … Haven’t we all? 👍
    Not sure where I`m going.....But I`ll get there someday