Thread: Annealing case machines?

Annealing case machines?

During shooting at my range last Saturday. I got talking to a member who annealed all his reloads using a AGS machine, it costs about £200-00, seller service was excellent.
    This fellow member said that the rounds annealed dramatically improved the accuracy.
    My query is do any other forum members have experience of annealing cases and what is their views on it and if possible owners of a ASG annealing machine.

Thanks for any/or replies.
    6.5 55 SWEDE.223 HOWA VARMINT NIKON 8X32X50 -.22LR CZ STYLE-16" .17 HMR CZ AMERICAN-16" SIMMONS AETEC-12G BERETTA A.302,AYA NO 4,BAIKAL O&U

It’s another procedure to add to the reloading sequence .Some say that it makes a difference, if you are using expensive brass it’ll keep it ‘good’ for longer .
    Is it worth it? Also it depends upon what you are shooting such as F class where one needs all the help one can get 😁
    I do have one of their earlier machine but have not got round to using it yet, similar ones are available along with considerably more expensive machines .

Attached link for info

https://youtu.be/2yOtCQsfJhU

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by JB101 View Post
    It’s another procedure to add to the reloading sequence .Some say that it makes a difference, if you are using expensive brass it’ll keep it ‘good’ for longer .
    Is it worth it? Also it depends upon what you are shooting such as F class where one needs all the help one can get ��
    I do have one of their earlier machine but have not got round to using it yet, similar ones are available along with considerably more expensive machines .

Attached link for info

https://youtu.be/2yOtCQsfJhU
    Thanks for the link, I watched it over the weekend along with a few others on the subject.
    Yes, it's results that matter.
    I'm unfortunately not shooting F class due to age and not being good enough, but I believe the AGS machine is around the £200-00 mark
    Would be good to read how owners of this machine have found it to use and any improved results in accuracy.
    Last edited by BigDuncs; 07-11-2022 at 02:39 PM.
    6.5 55 SWEDE.223 HOWA VARMINT NIKON 8X32X50 -.22LR CZ STYLE-16" .17 HMR CZ AMERICAN-16" SIMMONS AETEC-12G BERETTA A.302,AYA NO 4,BAIKAL O&U

I bought an AMP machine earlier this year and my lad, who is more interested in the detail than me, tells me that in his experience, after the 4th or so firing, annealing prevents/reduces springback after resizing - so the resized case remains the size as it was after being resized. Specifically referring to Lapua 6.5 CM cases.

I now anneal after every firing, to ensure consistency, and as it is a very quick process it's no hassle.

Some interesting comments here
    https://forum.accurateshooter.com/th...3922696/page-5
    Although it applies to bench rest some can be taken over to most ‘target shooting’

Annealing gives you consistency. I don't do it as I'm not competitive, but that top shots use the AMP to get that one variable consistent for every single shot. Interesting video and quite an incredible machine.

I started annealing to prolong case life.... I'm no-where good enough to justify paying a load of money for a machine, so i made my own...

https://youtu.be/-DaojieJr_M

if you Google for home made annealing machine you'll probably find the forum where I got my ideas from.... probably cost £50 in parts...

Quote Originally Posted by Daryll View Post
    I started annealing to prolong case life.... I'm no-where good enough to justify paying a load of money for a machine, so i made my own...

https://youtu.be/-DaojieJr_M

if you Google for homemade annealing machine you'll probably find the forum where I got my ideas from.... probably cost £50 in parts...
    I fully agree with both of the above statements, prolonging case life, and made my own with bits from £50/60 if you can wire a 13 amp plug and a few DIY skills you can do this., no need to spend hundreds of £'s
    Working hardening of Brass is a known fact and you can't argue with the details in the video on this, but I have yet to be shown what difference does 97 Vickers and 130 Vickers make to the point of impact on the target, at my level of shooting I certainly can see no difference in accuracy, case life well that's different as an obsolete caliber shooter cases are scarce, expensive or time-consuming to make so annealing is a must but I only do this around every 10 shots and that works for me

Annealing case machines?

Thanks for all replies, I'm busy reading and watching them all.
    The D.I.Y is very interesting, I believe I could manage the building of it.

Quote Originally Posted by CROWMAN View Post

During shooting at my range last Saturday. I got talking to a member who annealed all his reloads using a AGS machine, it costs about £200-00, seller service was excellent.
    This fellow member said that the rounds annealed dramatically improved the accuracy.
    My query is do any other forum members have experience of annealing cases and what is their views on it and if possible owners of a ASG annealing machine.

Thanks for any/or replies.
    Yes watch the flame and the colour of the case don't be tempted to use anything else
    Apart from a cheap cordless drill and a cheap butane torch with a bucket of water and
    That is all you need