Available for pre order now on Protek, they will have them on the 15th Nov:

http://www.proteksupplies.co.uk

Just starting a new thread so the link to buy is at the top of the thread.

I was a big fan of the original Encyclopaedia of spring air pistols but I have to say this second edition seems more than just an updated version, it feels like a totally new book. The colour photography really brings it to life and as others have said I’ve seen a world of previously unknown pistols that weren’t featured in the first edition, as well as updated info on some well known air pistols. John has obviously been compiling some excellent new information in the last 17 years.

Chapter 2 ‘Hand-crafted spring air pistols, pre ca.1900’ could be a separate book in its own right, as could the later chapters on homemade, mystery and prototype pistols.
The final chapter on air pistol shooting galleries and games is also a real treat and again the addition of colour photos makes all the difference.

This is a book that definitely fits into my airgun collection as a collectible in its own right, and I’ve ordered a second copy to keep as a mint example. Undoubtedly my first copy will be well thumbed over the coming years. In fact the updated info has already been useful in identifying an early version ‘Haenel air pistol’ owned by a fellow collector.

I also have no financial interest in this publication but I think every airgun collector should have one.

A masterpiece! Well done John and thanks for making this contribution to the history of air pistols available at a very reasonable price.

Cheers,
Matt