Thread: Starter scope

Red face Starter scope

Hi should I get a cheap starter scope or jump in and get a good one.

Scope

I think I will go with a viper connect,thanks.

Depends what it's for,
    it's pointless to pay several hundred £, only for 25yd plinking in the garden,
    equally it's stupid to expect a £50 cheapy to cope with 200yd shots in low light.

scope

as above make up your mind what sort of shooting you will be doing and get the best scope you can afford

As a general rule you are more likely to be happy with a 'better' scope irrespective of your immediate requirements. That being said, don't go mad!!
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

As others have said, depends on what you're doing. Nowadays, I just plink out to 20 odd yards absolute max, in dry weather, so am happy with a 3-9x40 cheapie. If I was hunting in all weathers & at longer ranges. it would be different. As it would be if I was into FT/HFT.

ATB

Bru
    Webley Mk3 x2, Falcon & Junior rifles, HW35x2, AirSporter x2, Gold Star, Meteors x2, Diana 25. SMK B19, Webley Senior, Premier, Hurricane x 2, Tempest, Dan Wesson 8", Crosman 3576, Legends PO8.

is the gun worthy of good scope , cos a scope wont make it shoot better
    Tempest .22, BSA Lightning(delux) .22 ,HW 80 K .22 Sako finn fire .22rf, Browning Buckmark 22rf , BSA 22 Hornet centre fire ,Winchester s/a mod 1400 12 bore, Winchester select light 12 bore J Manton hammer side bee side 12 bore and a 410 hushpower, BASC MEMBER

Quote Originally Posted by bear View Post
    is the gun worthy of good scope , cos a scope wont make it shoot better
    A poor scope will make a good rifle look bad, even if a good scope can't improve a bad rifle.