Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BIRMINGHAM ANTIQUE ARMS & MILITARIA FAIR. 20th Noy.

BIRMINGHAM ANTIQUE ARMS & MILITARIA FAIR. 20th Noy.

As above, i have missed the last two shows because of hols. I shall be taking along a collection of air gum pistols and rifles, loads of pellets and related items,books,sights,other collectables etc.I shall be in third hall.
    Roly.

We'll be there too in the second hall with one or two air rifles and pistols. I'll nip over and see you Roly hope you good day.

I should have some copies of John Griffiths second edition Encyclopedia of Spring Air Pistols for sale as well.

Regards Tim Dyson

brum show.

Quote Originally Posted by erichtfisherman View Post
    We'll be there too in the second hall with one or two air rifles and pistols. I'll nip over and see you Roly hope you good day.

I should have some copies of John Griffiths second edition Encyclopedia of Spring Air Pistols for sale as well.

Regards Tim Dyson
    Look forward to seeing y0u. Roly.

I hope to see you both there.

John.
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

Should be a good day for Airgunners, I am not going this time, I had a choice, get up at 4:30 or lay in.

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    I think I may take a little look this time, I couldn't make the last one, it'll be interesting to see what's available, I have a little list of rifles I would't mind adding to the collection.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    I think I may take a little look this time, I couldn't make the last one, it'll be interesting to see what's available, I have a little list of rifles I would't mind adding to the collection.

Pete
    If you put your list on here, some traders may help.

Quote Originally Posted by Binners View Post
    If you put your list on here, some traders may help.
    Well its a bit of a mixed list, I just want a couple of tintering rifles but the major two are a BSA Mercury S mk2 (the later model with the rounded stock at the front) with a decent grained walnut stock, I already have a couple but they are a bit bland compared to the fabulous stocks I have on my Airsporter S's and obviously the other one is that special edition Diana 34 I keep banging on about.
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

I'm taking a Mercury S mark II. The stock unfortunately is a bit bland. Don't see these too often now I haven't had one for a few years. Hopefully someone will like it tho. Regards Tim Dyson

I'm taking a Mercury S mark II. The stock unfortunately is a bit bland. Don't see these too often now I haven't had one for a few years. Hopefully someone will like it tho. Regards Tim Dyson
    Thanks for the reply Tim, I'll come and check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    Thanks for the reply Tim, I'll come and check it out.

Just like the 'A TEAM'
    I love it when a plan comes together

Well, that was a good One!

With the last couple of Brums being down on visitor numbers and the choice guns on offer, with some notable exceptions (you know who you are Tim), it was great to visit a buzzing fair this morning. There was plenty on offer including an early Webley Mark 3 with a beautiful stock that Roly had on his stall. Roly also had a later post 1957 Mk3 and a Webley Service along with some boxed Webley pistols and a pristine boxed Record Mk 2.

Tim Dyson had the usual shop with him with a huge selection of items for sale. A cased Gamo AF10 for £80 caught my eye and would have come home with me had I not bought one earlier in the year. These are incredibly versatile pistols and accurate too, so this was a bargain for someone.

There were boxes and boxes of old pellets on several stalls including a pack of Lanes Tempered Darts, round green and orange Webley tins, pre war BSA tins as well as more recent pellets from the 1960s, 70s and 80s such as Lanes Special and various .20 German pellets. I love rummaging through this type of box and Roly offered me some great deals on a few tins that caught my eye, so thanks mate!

Malcolm Atkins had some gunsmith's turnscrews in all different sizes at £2 each and I realised after I had left the fair that I intended to grab a selection before I left. Just goes to show, you need to buy things when you see a bargain, especially with a memory like mine.

One BBS member had a selection of leaflets and ephemera as well as boxed vintage telescope sights including BSA Mk 3 and Mk 9 scopes, the latter, which was intended for the Buccaneer is particularly rare and this one looked pristine.

I only had Josie's pocket camera so just took a couple of photos but here are a few that caught my eye.

A Don Blocksidge engraved Webley Senior, lovely boxed Hyscore and a handbag with a difference.

It was great to catch up with friends and have a short chat.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/hnvPCpPsUoPS2Vfm8

The next biggie is Kempton in 3 weeks, so see you there if you go.

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    Well, that was a good One!

With the last couple of Brums being down on visitor numbers and the choice guns on offer, with some notable exceptions (you know who you are Tim), it was great to visit a buzzing fair this morning. There was plenty on offer including an early Webley Mark 3 with a beautiful stock that Roly had on his stall. Roly also had a later post 1957 Mk3 and a Webley Service along with some boxed Webley pistols and a pristine boxed Record Mk 2.

Tim Dyson had the usual shop with him with a huge selection of items for sale. A cased Gamo AF10 for £80 caught my eye and would have come home with me had I not bought one earlier in the year. These are incredibly versatile pistols and accurate too, so this was a bargain for someone.

There were boxes and boxes of old pellets on several stalls including a pack of Lanes Tempered Darts, round green and orange Webley tins, pre war BSA tins as well as more recent pellets from the 1960s, 70s and 80s such as Lanes Special and various .20 German pellets. I love rummaging through this type of box and Roly offered me some great deals on a few tins that caught my eye, so thanks mate!

Malcolm Atkins had some gunsmith's turnscrews in all different sizes at £2 each and I realised after I had left the fair that I intended to grab a selection before I left. Just goes to show, you need to buy things when you see a bargain, especially with a memory like mine.

One BBS member had a selection of leaflets and ephemera as well as boxed vintage telescope sights including BSA Mk 3 and Mk 9 scopes, the latter, which was intended for the Buccaneer is particularly rare and this one looked pristine.

I only had Josie's pocket camera so just took a couple of photos but here are a few that caught my eye.

A Don Blocksidge engraved Webley Senior, lovely boxed Hyscore and a handbag with a difference.

It was great to catch up with friends and have a short chat.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/hnvPCpPsUoPS2Vfm8

The next biggie is Kempton in 3 weeks, so see you there if you go.

John
    Lovely Senior. Wish I'd gone...

Quote Originally Posted by ashf9999 View Post
    Lovely Senior. Wish I'd gone...
    That Senior may well be at Kempton if it does not sell today....

There was interesting stuff about, lots for the vintage collector and a bit for the more modern 1980s ish collector, I saw a Webley Eclipse with a CS800 thumbhole stock on it, I was a little tempted but held back, someone had bought the Mercury S off of Tim's stall before I'd got there, not to worry, I do have two already, so I suppose letting someone else have the chance is the right thing to do, I was very tempted with a Record Jumbo but not being able to fire it put me off as I know spares are hard to get for them.