Thread: BSA Platinum 10-50 x 60(?) - scope cover

BSA Platinum 10-50 x 60(?) - scope cover

Hi Folks,
    Just wondered if anyone would know where I could get a scope cover for the Objective lens on the above scope ?

It’s a side focus scope and measured with callipers the outside diameter of the lens is a huge 70mm !!

I’ve tried our sponsors site but their lens covers only go up to 67.5 and although they’re listed as ‘stretchy’ I’m not sure they’d fit on a 70mm one

Cheers,

Norm

Anyone ?? Hello, hello anyone out there

Norm

Not having any luck finding a lens cap for my big scope and not getting any replies on here ( I’m guessing no one else could find anything either ), I decided to do some lateral thinking and using a cheap pair of plastic callipers, I measured the internal diameter of the objective lens.
    Hey presto, it was 67mm ! I had a look on Amazon and bought a pair of the 67mm ‘pinch’ type lens caps used on camera lenses ! ( £6.99 for two )
    They arrived to day and are a perfect fit, with a spare if I lose it

They fit well as the spring loaded pinch sections have the same fine thread that’s found on scopes

If anyone else is having trouble trying to find a lens cap to fit look for these. They’re made in all sorts of sizes up to 69mm but I doubt there’s a gun scope bigger than that !

Norm