Thread: Anyone used a Welsh gunshop called Horse and Hoof?

Question Anyone used a Welsh gunshop called Horse and Hoof?

Hi folks,

I wondered if anyone here has experience of a Welsh country shop called "Horse and Hoof" or Ceffyl a Charn. I found them via their website but their actual physical address looks to be in Sir Ddinbych LL16 3AH.

My reason for asking is that I placed an order for a rifle scope from them last week and so far have heard nothing. If you telephone the shop there's an answerphone message in Welsh. I've contacted them by email and had no reply, and with small niggles of doubt creeping in I then Googled them and their trust pilot reviews are frankly appalling. They're even detailed on Scam Advisor, where they conclude that whilst not a specific fraud site they do appear to be horrendously disorganised at best.

So, my question is...has anyone here had dealings with them, good or bad? Is there still a shop there or has it been bulldozed for flats? Thankfully I paid with Paypal so I can file a claim to get the money back, but if there's a chance I can get the scope I ordered that would be good as it's now discontinued.

Thanks, Anne

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. H View Post
    Hi folks,

I wondered if anyone here has experience of a Welsh country shop called "Horse and Hoof" or Ceffyl a Charn. I found them via their website but their actual physical address looks to be in Sir Ddinbych LL16 3AH.

My reason for asking is that I placed an order for a rifle scope from them last week and so far have heard nothing. If you telephone the shop there's an answerphone message in Welsh. I've contacted them by email and had no reply, and with small niggles of doubt creeping in I then Googled them and their trust pilot reviews are frankly appalling. They're even detailed on Scam Advisor, where they conclude that whilst not a specific fraud site they do appear to be horrendously disorganised at best.

So, my question is...has anyone here had dealings with them, good or bad? Is there still a shop there or has it been bulldozed for flats? Thankfully I paid with Paypal so I can file a claim to get the money back, but if there's a chance I can get the scope I ordered that would be good as it's now discontinued.

Thanks, Anne
    I googled that name, and it came up as a horsey type of shop? Be careful with pay pal they have been known to not get involved when guns and shooting gear is paid for using pay pal

They check out fine on Companies House website, and both their Facebook and Twitter accounts are active with recent entries. Are you able to contact them via one of those methods? They seem to be a small company (so possibly only 1 or 2 staff?), but I guess it is possible things have slipped through the net with your order.

I saw the fb page too and was moderately reassured that it's active, albeit with random news story links rather than anything to actually do with the shop. I've messaged them through that too. It's really the reviews that worried me, there's an awful lot posted in the last few months from people who've paid, heard nothing for weeks and had to involve Paypal; and as mentioned Paypal don't like their service used for anything involving guns

Hello, sorry to hear this, there web site seems ok but many bad reviews, if they do not reply email or answer phone you can only wait for your scope to arrive, if you do not receive with in a reasonable time and no reply from company then claim off pay pal, good luck

Paypal

Might I suggest that if you have to claim through Paypal you just describe it as a telescopic sight, not a rifle scope?

And...since Paypal have taken it upon themselves to ban/delist some organisations involved in freedom of speech I use them as little as possible now.

Rgds

Dave