Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tatty Lincoln Jeffries

Ooh I'm not feeling that brave but it will have to be done. Is there a guide to strip down? I never noticed one on the idiots guide but wasn't looking before.

Plenty of tips and info here

https://forum.vintageairgunsgallery....l-tips-faqs-2/

Lakey

Thankyou Lakey I'll log off and check through by the way I have tentatively scrapped off a bit more paint with my fingernail to avoid damage, the black comes off the silver and the silver can be teased off the brown metal suggesting it is not primer. Fingers crossed

Piston out plus bluing update

Thanks Lakey for your advice I have now stripped out the piston. The outer washer seemed ok but the inner washer and screw are Knackered Knibbs have an assembly for £15 which I shall now order.
    The cocking link axis bolt is none standard and allows play unfortunately Knibbs only have one of two alternatives one has a curved bit machined from the threaded end and the other which is out of stock is hollow to allow peening over.
    Any advice which to buy.
    I seem to be lucky with the bluing. I rubbed it down with cloth and acetone and both layers of paint came off, both the black on top and the silver below which I thought was primer.
    Most of the bluing is intact with a relatively smooth surface. It's just dark.
    Once or twice it failed to cock and I hoping that the loose axis pin is to blame unless you collectors know better.
    ATB
    Dornfelderlieber